What is Wescot up to now

Allwood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a letter from MiL statute barred concerning a debt that was statue barred which was sold to them by Wescot. I wrote to MiL saying that the debt was statute barred.

I have now received a letter from Wescot saying that the debt is not statute barred they enclosed a list on their letter heading paper with list of transaction on it.

It looks like a compute printout

There are 12 entries of £1.00 postal orders

Dates they have given me under the headings

Loaded Loaded Posting category code Transaction type code Description code Amounts

DM Host

30/03/07 10/05/2000 3PY 140 Postal Order -1.00

30/03/07 13/04/2000 " " "

30/03/07 14/03/2000

30/03/07 16/02/2000

30/03/07 28/01/2000

30/03/07 05/01/2000

30/03/07 30/11/1999

30/03/07 29/10/1999

30/03/07 28/09/1999

30/03/07 01/06/1999

30/03/07 30/06/1999 3ND 001 New Debt £xxxx.00

Creation

30/03/07 30/06/1999 NDC 001 New Debt £xxxx.00

Creation it had -£10.

Wescot had to removed searche from my CRA report becasue they could not produce anything information on this debt. There is no CCA. :mad:

Edited by Allwood
tried to put it back in table form but would not allow me to do it

It is statute barred if there has been no admission of the debt or payments towards the debt for 6 years (5 in Scotland ). I would ignore them and if they send anything more, post it up here, but there is a letter to send them but I dont know where it is anymore, someone will be along that can advise you further, but the debt is definately SB'ed.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

30/03/07 10/05/2000 3PY 140 Postal Order -1.00 i think this reference is your cca request and more than likely they have not replied but sold it on...experian is their parent company i beleive....so also let them and any other debt collection agency know that you shall report the matter to the fraud squad/police as an attempt to obtain monies by deception..

patrickq1

Thanks everyone for replies, I did send a statute barred letter to Wescot but did not send it by recorded delivery. When I got letters from MiL I sent them a recoded delivery letter informing them that any alledged debt was statute barred.

Patrick1, the £1 postals order payment was not sent by me as a CCA because I never requesed one from them but when I saw Wescot search on my CRA report, I then wrote to them asking for information on how they were let into my report. The CRA send that they would contact Wescot and get back to me but when they got back the said that they got no information from Wescot and their search was removed.

How can they say in there letter when they say the alledged payments were made over 6 years that it is not statute barred. :mad::confused:

How can they say in there letter when they say the alledged payments were made over 6 years that it is not statute barred.

yes ton youre correct new buzzword

if it were me who received those figures i would go to the police first and reapeat the FRAUD ACT and would consider this as an attepted fraud claim

i would not respond to the company asking for monies just yet but go to the police first as it seems like it is a fruadulent attempt to obtain money

patrickq1