Lowell - again sorry

marj81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all...

there are just too many posts about Lowell to fond what I am looking for!

My problem is that I have agreed to pay a debt with the promise of wiping it off my credit report (although couldn't find it on there tbh)..but I have agreed to pay more than I can really afford and would rather not pay it at all lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Whatever the Leeds Losers tell you over the phone will be at best a mis-statement, more probably a lie.

These (loosely called) people have no morals and they will say anything to get your money.

This is why the advice is always to communicate in writing. They cannot bluff their way around in print.

Once you have answered Postggj's questions, we can help more.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

My immediate advice is to SAR the OC (not CAP1 is it??) and reclaim all the charges from them which will reduce the debt a bit and CCA the lowlifes to see if they have the right to be collecting this debt.

Were you defaulted?

Was the account terminated?

Did you receive a Notice of Assignment?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It is a credit card debt form HSBC and it started at just over £1400 and is now just over £1100.....the account has been closed for four years so I am guessing that is the age of the debt

My immediate advice is to SAR the OC (not CAP1 is it??) and reclaim all the charges from them which will reduce the debt a bit and CCA the lowlifes to see if they have the right to be collecting this debt.

Were you defaulted?

Was the account terminated?

Did you receive a Notice of Assignment?

I really don't have a clue what this means sorry (baffled)

When you say a Notice of Assignment I would assme that you mean from HSBC??? If so then I have moved alot since then so no I have not anything like that. I do not know about defaults sorry

FIRST OF ALL

SEND THIS TO LOWELL BY RECORDED DELIEVERY

ENCLOSE A £1 POSTEL ORDER

Letter requesting a copy of your agreement - It should be sent with a £1 postal order and sent recorded/guaranteed delivery - It should be sent to whoever OWNS the debt, the timescale for providing this is 12+2 WORKING DAYS. If it is not sent within this timescale they are in default of your request.

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77 TO s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print your name

FIRST OF ALL

SEND THIS TO LOWELL BY RECORDED DELIEVERY

ENCLOSE A £1 POSTEL ORDER

Letter requesting a copy of your agreement - It should be sent with a £1 postal order and sent recorded/guaranteed delivery - It should be sent to whoever OWNS the debt, the timescale for providing this is 12+2 WORKING DAYS. If it is not sent within this timescale they are in default of your request.

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77 TO s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print your name

OK so forgive me for being an idiot but I have to find out my old aco**** number to put on the form right???

And also does any of this still make a difference even though I have already agreed to pay it???? and I cannot stop paying it can I????

Thanks again

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[name]

THIS ONE GOES TO HSBC

THE CCA REQUEST SENT TO LOWELL

WHEN DID YOU SEND IT

DID THEY CONFIRM RECEIPT AND WAS IT SENT RECORDED

thats brilliant thanks and will get on with that but just to check the last question again....I agreed to make payments direct from my bank monthly to Lowell for this debt and have made 3 so far....so there is no way to stop this right? And does thids process still mean anything as I have agreed already?

Thanks again

OK I think there was a bit of confusion sorry...I realised that I had to send it to Lowell (not sent it lol)

Will do this and will get back to you if I need to

If nothing else it has kept other peoples interest so must have been a few people wanted to know the same thing!!!!

Thank you for all your help....it is priceless