Littlewoods and NDR

traceybrowne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Im so sorry for gate crashing here but im new and need the same help as you, so please will you allow me to leave my post here in the hope that someone can give me any advice please and then i will go away and deal with it...

I lost my job two weeks ago and wrote to Littlewoods straight away and requested my CCA etc and worded it professionally and to the point also mentioning that I had taken legal advice and spoken to national debt line etc.

I got a polite letter back today reminding me that I had taken out the agreement in 2010 and how much I owed on the account (ive never missed a payment) and this was the first month i had paid them £5 instead of £175!

The letter said: enclosed is

1. A re-constituted copy of your credit agreement sent to you at the time of opening your account. (I never was sent any such thing and certainly signed nothing).

2. A copy of your current credit agreement (which is identical to the first one)

- neither signed physcially but stating underneath the signaturelink3.gif box that it was signed by so and so on behalf of Shop Direct Finance.

Then they just mention that If I do not meet the payment requirements I am liable to the £12 charges and will be referred to a debt recovery agency and that I should contact them to discuss a 'reasonable' payment plan.

They seem to have ignored the contents in my letter telling them I would be paying £5 a month until my situation improved and they just sent an unsigned credit agreement - how is this enforceable? Is it enforceable as I was told my first order placed with them online was the same as signing an agreement!!!

I don't know what my next step should be now as im not sure where I stand re the contract

- which surely can't be a contract unless it is signed by me - even if the account was opened online in 2010??

(I was told only contracts dated prior to 2007 were more likely to be un enforceable as changes to the credit agreement came into place after then whichmeant even unsigned agremeents could now be upheld).

Any advice on my next move would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!!

Max smile.gif