please help me as I start against nationwide

mossyjan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have decided to claim my bank charges from the Nationwide after reading all your stories and being spurred on.

i have a fex account with nationwide which I use solely for paying direct debits and a saving account in which my salary gets paid.

Ive read that the nationwide close your account. Do they just close the one your claiming the charges back from or all your accounts?

My ex husband, due to his crap handling of money, left me with a credit rating that I dont think will get me another account anywhere and this is putting me off claiming.

Can you please advise me what to do.

Thanks, Janet x

Hi,

From what i've learn't here they can and probably will close all your accounts regardless of whether its savings, current etc. I would check out the Natwest Step account which you can apply over the internet, I don't think I have heard of anyone getting turned down for this account no matter how bad (apart from bankruptcy).

If your that worried try to open up another account first and then start claiming. I was like you and didn't think I would be able to open another account but I have opened up both a Business bank + normal with Natwest. Do a search on "parachute" and there is a thread listing all the banks and what they offer.

Hope this helps

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com

They are most certainly to close your accounts, I have just managed to reclaim all bank charges for my son for the last six years from them, and although they paid, he received a notice that they will close his account within 30 days.

Expecting this, he had already opened an account with the post office.

If you intend to try and recover your charges, take heart and ignore all of their letters saying they are not going to refund, stick to the guidelines set out within the site and you should be lucky.