help with forced 10% pay cut

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We recently were told that as a company our employer needed to implement a 10% wage cut accrosss the whole company of approx 150 staff. a letter was drawn up and we were given a 2 week deadline to sign it agreeing to the reduction. it was stated at the time that it needed to be 100% agreement for it to be implemented and if 1 person did not sign other measures would have to be taken (ie redundancies). it was also said that if you did not sign then it would count against you when redundancies were considered. on this many people including myself signed it on the basis that not everyone would. deadline past and only 2 people have refused to sign. these 2 people have now had a letter telling them if they do not sign by Fri they will have their contract terminated. since the deadline work has somehow picked up enough that they need to employ another 8 staff in the factories. this is just a kick in the teeth. is there any way of recinding the letter i signed? if there were enough of us to do this they could not afford to lose 10 workers. they keep saying that we need to trust them but every turn seems to stink of foul play.

Hi Spewy,

That I don't know for sure. But union members or not your rights are the same. You could try speaking to ACAS (google it, I know they have a helpline) and i'm sure they'll advise accordingly. Might help others if you pop back on here and let us know how you get on.

Try this link:

Acas - Contact us

Their advice is impartial, but above all confidential. I'm sure they'll answer the 'union' question too.

Best of luck,

M