Landlady won't return deposit no tenancy agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

Wondering if anyone can help. I moved into a flatshare living with landlady 6 months ago. I paid £400 deposit and £400 per month rent by standing order into her bank account.

Several months ago there was an accident with a pan and the workbench that caused 3 tiny blisters next to the sink. I have offered to replace the segment of bench.

The work top is from ikea and it is a small segment. However Ikea do not make the Hi Gloss Black worktop anymore. However I am sure many other suppliers do.

Anyway she is keeping the deposit (I am moving out) as she does not want to be "rushed" into choosing a new work bench!!!!!!!!!I have offered to replace it but I know for a fact it will not come to £400. I do not have a tenancy agreement however can prove that money went from my bank accoount to hers on a monthly basis. Can anyone advise?

Edited by kellyplanet

17/4 Sent CCA Request to Cabot - Argos/Cabot

simple dont pay the last lot of rent, let fer sue and offset it against the cost of the damage. have you got an estimate for the replacement, she can only claim the cost of the workbench and the cost of actually replacing it.

suggest you negotiate when you have some idea of the costs involved.