Any successful bankruptcy petitions completedfrom Australia?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Would like to hear from anyone who may have successfully completed a UK Bankruptcy petition whilst living in Australia.

I am looking at starting this process soon but would love to understand any implications or issues i should expect.

Regards

Am moving back to Oz in February and would have been out of the UK for less than the required 3 years. Have been in Ireland for the past 6 months!

Am looking at getting a company called Myvesta to represent me as i dont want to come back for the petition myself.

Am also moving back as my role becomes redundant in February and i am very realistic that i wont get another role over here.

Regards

If you had incurred the debts in the UK and then lived out of the EU for 18 months then you would be able to file for bankruptcy in the uk. If you had lived in the eu for those 18 months you would have to apply in the country you were living. you have a mix of he two so it is difficult to say how it would be viewed. if you spent more than 6 months back in the uk then i believe you could file here as this would become your new centre of main interest.