Nasty sneaky Clydesdale Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just joined this forum, and I am gobsmacked by the level of complaints against banks.

I have been with the Clydesdale for nearly 5 years now, and have never had any real problems - until now.

I received a letter last week detailing a £25.00 charge on my account, with no explanation. I called the bank and was told this was because I overspent on my Maestro card by the huge amount of £2.04 whilst away in London. I was under the impression that if you did not have enough funds in your account you could not use a debit card. Apparently not?

I work with 2 accounts, one for bills and one for daily use. I accidentally drew cash from the wrong account the day before payday.

The bank knows exactly when I get paid, and when all other payments are made into my account(s) but always insist on taking their charges the day before. When I asked to defer this payment until the next day, when there will be more than enough money paid into my account, they refused. I will now be charged an additional £25.00 for not having enough money in this account to cover their illegal charge the day before they know full well money will be transferred in..

I am thoroughly disgusted.

Hello and welcome. This is pretty typical of Clydesdale, but I would just try another phone call and see if you can get it sorted that way if it is a one off. Otherwise expect a long journey, but with lots of support here. Read the FAQ's if you need to take things further.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.