***Settled in Full without a fight!!!!!!***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I had been in discussion with Halifax for several months regarding the interest rates applying to different types of transactions on my Visa Platinum credit card account. I thought I was getting nowhere. I had had a fob off twice from my local Halifax branch, who were more interested in selling me a loan. I rang Customer complaints, who arranged for a "senior manager" from the Visa dept to phone me. Well, if that guy was a "senior manager" then God help the Halifax and us customers - the guy did not even have a detailed knowledge of his own product.

By this time I had come across this site, so I thought I would try a different tack. I sent off a Data Protection Act request and followed it up about a week later with a phone call asking if they had received my letter and, if so, what were they doing about it. They couldn't find it, so I faxed a copy. I then had a response very quickly - they sent copies of statements which included a charge. This made it very easy to compile my spreadsheet.

However, before I had a chance to send it to the Halifax, I had a phone call from Agnes Black, Senior Customer Relations Manager. Amongst other things discussed, she said that she had noted my DPA request and yes about £140 odd in charges had been made on my account, which she would be happy to refund.

I said I would send in my spread sheet, as interest on the charges needed to be considered. Agnes seemed quite happy with this. So I sent it off with the Prelim template letter from the library and a covering letter regarding my other issues.

I had never bothered with Halifax internet banking, but decided to register last week to see what, if anything, is going on with my credit card. I logged in for the 1st time this evening.

The following amounts were credited to my account on 3/8/06:

So a partial victory. As I said, I have other issues regarding my credit card account and this may be a "sweetner" in the hope that I will "go away".

barry