County Court Claim

stupot59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been in dispute with Cabot Financial for over a year concerning a debt they allegedly bought from Goldfish Bank Ltd.

Heard nothing since April and now out of the blue I receive a County Court Claim which I have acknowledged via the internet. I intend defending the claim as Carboot have not acted ethically, professionally and honestly, in my view.

How do I change the Court from Northampton to one that is more convenient for me ?

More about my dispute with Crapbot later, as I'm off to work now !

Thanks to all contributors..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you supply your defence, the case will automatically be transferred to your local court.

Make sure that you file your defence on time.

Cabot's honesty, ethics or professionalism are unlikley to be a good basis for a defence.

You need to make sure that your defence is based upon solid fact such as that the agreement is flawed in some way or that the alleged debt is comprised of charges etc.

What about if they have "created" documents which never existed and called them "reproductions."...? e.g. Notice of Assignments from both themselves and the original lender, both of which never happened !

They sent me the original application form for the credit card which bears my signature, for sure. However, the application form does not have within it all of the perscribed terms, namely The amount of credit, the credit limit, interest rate and repayment procedure. The document is void of any signature from the original lender, but has a date stamp.

Cabot have argued that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 61(1)(b) states:

61 Signing of an Agreement

(1) A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless:

...(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreements, other than implied terms

They also argue that the Consumer Credt Act 1974 Section 189(4) states:

189 Definitions

(4) A document embodies a provision if the provision is set out either in the document itself or in another document referred to in it.

Cabot appear to think that perscribed terms may be set out in a document other than the credit agreement as long as reference is made to the document.

On this basis one could say that any consumer signs not knowing what the condition of the terms are until it's too late to do anything about it...

What are the opinions of my colleagues ?

can you confirm if your signature is on your first link?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Can't read it completely, but it looks as though it could have the prescribed terms so need an expert to look at it. There is an almost identical one on another thread which I will post.

What worries me is that the lines don't match. Look at the thick line under the top bit. It is over to the right. It doesn't line up with the first column which is over to the left.

I can't read that first link, so I can't see whether or not the prescribed terms are there.

Crapbot have been coming out with this bilge about the prescribed terms and another document for a long time now. There is a post on it here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/223570-cabot-financial-dealing-cabot-2.html#post2479594

The TRUTH is contained in this post -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/223570-cabot-financial-dealing-cabot-2.html#post2488448

It is absolutely essential that you not only know the truth, which you do now, but are able to argue it very convincingly in court. Crapbot will try every trick in the book to deceive a judge just as they try to deceive everyone else. The law itself, the High Court precedents, and the opinions of the foremost experts on the Act, including the draftsman himself, are our best weapons. Make sure you use them to full effect.

Mods - this needs moving to Legal Issues.

SH

if tyhe have the original of what you have posted then it would be enforceble IMHO

it looks like photocopy of the original if thats what dd means

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I think it's photocopied bits but it looks like it's been cut up a bit. The top bit isn't centred. The black boxes for the consents are not in line with what is above.

I think it's bones's thread Morgan & Stanley /barclaycard which has the same as your agreement, but I'm having problems today opening the links. Have a look there.

If it really does look out of sync I'd ask to visit the original at their offices.

if tyhe have the original of what you have posted then it would be enforceble IMHO

it looks like photocopy of the original if thats what dd means

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Please explain why you appear to be so emphatic with your statement.

Call me stupid, but the Application Form does not appear to contain :

• The Amount of Credit
  • Credit Limit
  • Interest
  • Repayments
  • An Authorised Signature by a Goldfish person

Therefore. when are "prescribed terms" not "prescribed terms"..?

In fact, What ARE prescribed terms which enable an application form to suddenly become an enforcable CCA ??

In addition, Cabot have definitely produced "representations" of documents which never existed at the time thay should have, i.e. Notice of Assignment from the OL and a so-called "Welcome to Caboty" letter.

Both of these representations bear dates not contemporary with when they would have been sent/received and to all intents and purposes are spurious.

If a proper Notice of Assignment is not provided by the OL or DCA what relevance does this have to my defence ?

Awaiting replies,

Stupot59

What are the particulars of claim as stated by Cabot?

Here are the exact words:

The Claimant is the Assignee of a Debt(s) from Goldfish Bank Ltd. Credit Card reference CCCCCCC

Notice of Assignment having been given to the defendant in writing. Despite demand for payment £XXXX.XX remains due. The Claimant claims £YYYY.YY and interest under s.69 County Court Act 1984 and costs.

From the 'Vague' POC that Cabot have issued, it would not be possible for you (the Defendant) to submit a proper defence.

Cabot must disclose to you all documents that relate to the case; documents that support their claim.

When you receive your AQ (allocation questionairre) you will have to request 'Directions' and then you will be able to submit your amended defence.

Thread moved to Legal Issues, you OK with that stupot59.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert