DFS - Rejected Credit / Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I went into DFS on Saturday and my partner applied for credit for a Sofa, total price was £900 with a sofa/a footstool and stain cover.

I have just gone through a Debt Relief Order so I am unable to obtain credit hence my partner applying. We applied for payments to start in April 2010 when money our end is freed up.

The finance was refused. The order has already been sent to the supplier.:-x

They called us to check the details, several details were wrong i.e time with bank and time at address. We have tried again and still rejected.

The guy at DFS suggested trying in my name, I explained I could'nt due to my DRO, he said we try other people as parents taking on these deals is common. I refuse to get my parents to enter into a credit agreement for my sake.

If my partner cannot get finance, I do not wish to proceed with the sale. What can I say to DFS? They said if its still rejected, they will have to put the order on hold with the supplier (thats fine as it will buy me some time). I am due a lump sum of £500 soon.

On our sales contract, there is nothing to say about if finance is refused, we have to pay for the sofa and there is nothing to say about cancelling/exiting the deal. However there our a few details wrong i.e my partners name spelt wrong Rachael instead of Rachel and our postcode is IP and he has put LP (looks like an L). Does this void the contract even though we signed without checking beforehand. We were forced into the Stain Cover, not even offered the chance to decline, forced and added on.

Please help

August 2010 - Debt Relief Order Ends! :)

Complaint with FOS re: Bank Charges - Financial Hardship

Email me for advice on DRO/DMP

If I have been of any help, Please tickle my scales