AA Insurance Services Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Had AA Home Insurance and they have issued a default notice after the policy was fully paid off via credit agreement and insurance not renewed with them.

They have refused to confirm that no further action will be taken and will not confirm that no money is owing.

Can I make a small claim to ensure that AA take no further action and if so what legal arguments could I make.

Thanks everyone.

Guest Old_andrew2018

As you have no replies, you could look around both this and legal forum finding out who are experts, sending an invitation to view your thread via PM, please include a link to your thread.

Andy

Hi Decker,

could you elaborate a little more please?

So you had an annual household insurance policy with the AA, which you paid off in full. Did you pay this off at the inception of the policy, or mid way through the policy? Just trying to understand reasons why the AA claim that you defaulted on the payment.

Best thing to do is to make a complaint, because complaints force them to act, and have to be logged. This way if you don't get what you feel you deserve you can always take it up with the FSA later (who can then look at the complaint log the AA have of your case).

Complaint letters should always be as brief as possible, constructive and to the point - don't be afraid of asking for what you want.

So in this case:

*complain that you are being asked for money that you do not owe

*state why you feel you do not owe it (and provide any evidence you have)

*ask them to provide any evidence they have to support their position

*ask them that you are looking for written confirmation that you do not owe them any money

You should get a reply back in a couple of weeks, and if you are not happy then head back here with the update.

-- oh and also send everything by recorded delivery so they cannot say they did not get it.

Edited by Wulfyn
recorded delivery

Hi Decker,

could you elaborate a little more please?

So you had an annual household insurance policy with the AA, which you paid off in full. Did you pay this off at the inception of the policy, or mid way through the policy? Just trying to understand reasons why the AA claim that you defaulted on the payment.

Best thing to do is to make a complaint, because complaints force them to act, and have to be logged. This way if you don't get what you feel you deserve you can always take it up with the FSA later (who can then look at the complaint log the AA have of your case).

Complaint letters should always be as brief as possible, constructive and to the point - don't be afraid of asking for what you want.

So in this case:

*complain that you are being asked for money that you do not owe

*state why you feel you do not owe it (and provide any evidence you have)

*ask them to provide any evidence they have to support their position

*ask them that you are looking for written confirmation that you do not owe them any money

You should get a reply back in a couple of weeks, and if you are not happy then head back here with the update.

-- oh and also send everything by recorded delivery so they cannot say they did not get it.

Have sent letters with no response and phone calls with no adequate explanation.

I was sent a default notice after the last payment was made over the phone to fully pay the account month 11 of 12 when I knew that I would not renew.

The FSA have a very long wait over 10 months in which time they could of done anything so small claims court seems the logical next option to ensure they do not progress further.

Did your letters / phone calls say you were making a complaint? I know it sounds ridiculous but 'complaint' is actually a magic word when dealing with insurers because it forces them to do something about it. If you complain and you do not get a reply within 14 days then the company has breached FSA guidelines, and are now in line ot get some really hefty fines that will make them wish they had never heard of you.

The FSA do take a long time to deal with cases (mainly because they get so many of them), so it is always best to try and use them as a negotiating chip and get the insurer to back down before resorting to them.

What evidence have the AA provided to say they owe you the money?

Did your letters / phone calls say you were making a complaint? I know it sounds ridiculous but 'complaint' is actually a magic word when dealing with insurers because it forces them to do something about it. If you complain and you do not get a reply within 14 days then the company has breached FSA guidelines, and are now in line ot get some really hefty fines that will make them wish they had never heard of you.

The FSA do take a long time to deal with cases (mainly because they get so many of them), so it is always best to try and use them as a negotiating chip and get the insurer to back down before resorting to them.

What evidence have the AA provided to say they owe you the money?

Done the letters etc got nowehere they are not interested. I have evidence to confirm payment, dates etc but they still issued default notice with no explanation offerred.