Saddler10, Cabot and Egg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This thread is proving useful as I have just had DLC pass the a/c back to Egg so now know what to possibly expect next. I haven't used the fact that the 2003 agreement looks to be unenforceable (based upon what I've learnt from this site). Will wait for the post to arrive....

Thanks spamheed, will get my letters back up as soon as I can, properly edited of course!

Saddler10

Alliance & Leicester, £2944.66 settled in full, donation made!!!

Capitol One (Partner), £475.01 settled in full, donation made!!!

Thanks Angry Cat, emailed my local trading standards yesterday. Notice you complained through Consumer Direct and they passed it on to Trading Standards, is this the best way to go?

Saddler10

Yes, I believe it is Saddler10, however, I will emphasise that you will have to be quite firm with Consumer Direct.

Don't be fobbed off with their attempts of trying to pass you on to the CAB.

Insist that your complaint be passed on to Your local TS; ask for the relevant reference number.

Consumer Direct will then advise your local TS, who will then contact you.

AC

Just to update, after receiving my 'agreement' in June (see post 19), I informed Cabot that the 'agreement' is unenforcable for reasons discussed here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188093-egg-credit-agreements-what.html

Saddler10

Just gone back to the begining of your thread.

Cabot have not yet fully complied with your CCA request!

Missing docs:

inception T&C's;

PPI Policy and;

the terms of that PPI policy.

The agreement that you were sent is a multi-part agreement.

Remember S78 CCA...and any other document referred to in it.

Furthermore. I do not buy the NoA.

Typical Cabot.

AC

Thanks AC. As far as my CCA request goes, it was made to Egg while the account was being handled by DLC. Eventually, I got a statement of account from DLC but nothing else. When it went to ARC, again I told the DCA that this was unenforcable, eventually ARC provided me with the same statement that I had already received, some kind of generic terms and conditions apparently from the time that I opened my account. They also confirmed to me that Egg could not locate my agreement.

When you say you do not buy the NoA, I can see how dodgy it is and have mentioned it in my complaint to Trading Standards, any other action you would suggest on this?

Saddler10

Thanks AC. As far as my CCA request goes, it was made to Egg while the account was being handled by DLC. Eventually, I got a statement of account from DLC but nothing else. When it went to ARC, again I told the DCA that this was unenforcable, eventually ARC provided me with the same statement that I had already received, some kind of generic terms and conditions apparently from the time that I opened my account. They also confirmed to me that Egg could not locate my agreement.

When you say you do not buy the NoA, I can see how dodgy it is and have mentioned it in my complaint to Trading Standards, any other action you would suggest on this?

Saddler10

For the time being, focus on the fact that, Cabot have a legal obligation to fully comply with your s78 CCA Request!

I would also be requesting documentary evidence providing proof that the account (alleged debt) was legally assigned to Cabot.

More from Cabot, anyone who would like to tear it apart, feel free, think there are issues with misquoting/selective quoting of cca as discussed here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/223570-cabot-financial-dealing-cabot-2.html

21-10-2009215213.jpg

21-10-2009215511.jpg

have just sent my complaint to Consumer Direct, will update on any progress...

Saddler10

I suggest Ms. Chivers should go back to her desk and read through s.10, S.60 and S.61 of the CCA1974 and the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553).

These regulations set out the form and content of agreements. For an agreement to be compliant with the regulations it MUST embody within the agreement, the prescribed terms laid out in the SI 1983/1553 without the prescribed terms the agreement does not conform to section 60(1) 1974 and therefore cannot be properly executed as described in section 61(1) CCA 1974.

The prescribed terms referred to are contained in schedule 6 column 2 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) and are inter alia: -

A term stating the "CREDIT LIMIT" or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no "CREDIT LIMIT", A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement and A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following--

(a)Number of repayments;

(b)Amount of repayments;

©Frequency and timing of repayments;

(d)Dates of repayments;

(e)The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

Got a reply today from Consumer Direct, my complaint has been passed to Trading Standards.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the lack of updates on this, however since receiving my 'final response from Cabot early last month and my complaint to Consumer Direct I have heard nothing. Hopefully a good thing?

Saddler10