Written off in error!

Able and Willing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car was erroneously branded a CAT C Write-off in 2007. I only found about this as I am looking to sell my car and someone performed a HPI check on it.

One week after the write-off date my car passed a MOT with no work being needed. It has passed two more since.

I have never been involved in an incident.

How do I have this CAT C mark removed ?

My car was erroneously branded a CAT C Write-off in 2007. I only found about this as I am looking to sell my car and someone performed a HPI check on it.

One week after the write-off date my car passed a MOT with no work being needed. It has passed two more since.

I have never been involved in an incident.

How do I have this CAT C mark removed ?

You would need to chase the dvla, maybe vosa for proof of who wrote the car off.... as in what insurance company, who the engineer was etc.

You telling them "its not a write off" will just fall on deaf ears mate.... If it was a cat C then it would of needed a MOT to be back on the road.... etc.

This will also appear on the log book once a change of ownership does occur if not removed.

Thanks for the quick response, So.. presumably someone from an insurance company who has never seen my car written it off even though it has no work needed on it?

The engineer who passed my car has since emigrated to the USA and his garage has now closed. He wouldn't have declared it written off a week before seeing it, would he ? :confused:

What happens if it was him who did it as I am unable to reach him to have it amended?

Thanks for the quick response, So.. presumably someone from an insurance company who has never seen my car written it off even though it has no work needed on it?

The engineer who passed my car has since emigrated to the USA and his garage has now closed. He wouldn't have declared it written off a week before seeing it, would he ? :confused:

What happens if it was him who did it as I am unable to reach him to have it amended?

You say "you have never been in an accident" or something along those line ?

Can you explain why an engineer was looking at the car ? or do you mean the MOT tester ? they are normally different.

An insurance engineer/assesor would of done a report on the car and damage, this would off been sent to the office who would of decided if they were going to fix it or not. Sometimes a body shops estimate is enough to write a car off as well.

But you say there was no damage etc... ?

How long before the write off date have you owned the car ?

Sorry, I was speaking about a MOT tester. I bought the car in Feb 06. It was written off in May 07. I have never heard from any insurance engineer/assessor and the car was never damaged. Which office?

To the office of who ever they work for mate, cant tell you that as we dont know who it could of been ?

I would firstly contact YOUR insurance company and explain, or the insurance company you was with at the time of the write off .... being two policys can not be in-force at the same time, so if there is no claim on your insurance how can it be written off :)

Also, run your own hpi check on the car see if it gives you any more details.