Cabot chasing Argos Card Debt

jacko428
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dont be fooled if Cabot come back with a letter saying

There was an attempted payment on this account in 2007 or such like, its a bluff. Report them if they do & send them a letter to ask for a copy of the attempted payment. You cant attempt to pay, either its paid or its not

More DCA scare tactics

Good luck

Thanks for that little gem, I will keep my eye on these muppets cause I think they will stop at nothing.

Cabot will be loathe to admit defeat at the first letter and will give her some bullsh!t about the default date being the date when the Stat Barred clock starts. All total nonsense. Let me know how you get on.

Hi ODC, so the saga goes on with these people. My daughter received a reply a few days ago after sending the statute barred letter the following reply came back.

YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT STATUTE BARRED

You've stated that your outstanding balance is statute-barred because the course of action in this matter began more than six years ago.

The debt was last acknowledged your payment of xxxxx on 18th October 2007. My daughter states that she has not made any such payment to them.

Therefore our right to recover the outstanding balance on this account is not statute-barred and we can take action through the courts to recover the outstanding balance including all interest accrued since 14/06/2006.

They have not even supplied a correct CCA.

What is her next step please ODC.

The odd thing about the so called payment that she paid in 2007 is why did they wait till July 2009 before contacting her again.:x

Hi,

I'd send the 'prove it' letter, or similar asking them to prove when the last payment was made.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Like ODC said earlier, your daughter does not have to prove she did not make that payment, they have to prove she did.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

As I predicted Crapbot would not admit the alleged debt is Stat Barred

Get your daughter to send them this by recorded delivery

Dear Cretins

You allege in your letter dated XXXXXX that I made a payment on 18 10 2007. I do not personally recall making such payment nor do I recall authorising anyone to make any such payment on my behalf. I therefore require documentary proof of who made the payment, how and where it was made and the amount allegedly paid. Without such proof then S5 of the Limitation Act 1980 still applies.

yours etc

Hi,

I'd send the 'prove it' letter, or similar asking them to prove when the last payment was made.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Like ODC said earlier, your daughter does not have to prove she did not make that payment, they have to prove she did.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi Scott, a prove it letter will be in the post to them tomorrow.No doubt they will come up with something.

Dear Cretins

You allege in your letter dated XXXXXX that I made a payment on 18 10 2007. I do not personally recall making such payment nor do I recall authorising anyone to make any such payment on my behalf. I therefore require documentary proof of who made the payment, how and where it was made and the amount allegedly paid. Without such proof then S5 of the Limitation Act 1980 still applies.

yours etc

A prove it letter will be in the post tomorrow,no doubt they will come up with something.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Cretins

yours etc

The latest letter my daughter has received from the cretins is as follows:-

ARG Services is unable to supply us with information you have requested.

A copy statement is only available showing the transaction you are refering to and you have already been sent a copy of this. The only copy of anything my daughter has received is a copy of her balance. I think she should now ignore them,what do you think.

Ian

I'd be inclined to stop corresponding with them as they are playing games that wouldn't stand up to scrutiny in court. You may like to consider making a complaint about them to your local Trading Standards and the OFT.

I have told my daughter to stop sending letters to them,if she receives anymore I have asked her to let me see them.