My Clio Vanished before my eyes...

SarahConnell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.... Even though I said I'd keep quiet I have to ask ... what is the date of the agreement? If you made all payments it can be worked out the percentage of the total repayment amount from that. How many payments were missed to the point of the Repo?

With respect postggi I'd hold back on considering the massive payouts until all the facts are available. Welcome might not have a good reputation (and I'll add to that personally) but they are also quite clever in what they do and how they do it.

I'd not be surprised that somewhere they have a little clause about statements and have a charge for them (probably a tenner). I'm guessing there's a lot more paperwork they sent out. Regarding the V5s (Vehicle Keeper) a swift HPI check would show more data.

Michael

(now definately keeping quiet lol)

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

I purchased the car in February 2008 and all payments were made on time until May 2009. I paid a further £100 after I had a guy at my house, but after that date, nothing was paid. So in saying that, four payment were missed.

I spoke to my account manager in July explaining my situation and informed him that I will try my best to make a payment of £252.35. Although, I was unable to. The letter I received prior to that was the Default Notice, which I posted.

And then a month later, the repo guy was at my house demanding I give him my car, as he has a court order.

Post, would it not be a good idea to send an SAR to Welcome, that way the OP would receive all the information they have on her account - including any court action?

Also, check credit file to see if a CCJ was registered.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Good Point On The Ccj Option

Sarah

Can You Check Your Credit File To See If A Ccj Has Been Awarded With Out Your Knowledge

Use The 30 Day Free Trial To See Your Credit File On Line

GOOGLE EXPERIAN OR EQUIFAX

Just Cancel Before The 30 Days Are Up

Ill Post Up My Own Special Sar For Welcome Later On Today For You To Send

Credit Reports - Free Credit Checks - Experian UK

Free Credit Report and Credit Check Services - Equifax

One of them however will not display the free 30 days till tou receive a special access code they send snail mail to you - cannot remember which one. Regarding the CCJ, the court would send you the notice so if you've not received one, not changed your address then probably none has been issued.

It's important to see what the CRA files hold to show the state of their entries. Companies tend to run a month behind with their entries. The default remarks on what you posted regard 'fees' - all financial institutions have called them this rather that overdue or service charge fees since the HoL case started for unfair charges. So this is NOT a 'Default Notice' but a letter showing you what they are charging you as extras. I would think somewhere you might find letters shwing a fee for each failed payment.

You really need to calculate the payments though to see if they could have removed/reposessed the vehicle under their Terms and Conditions. I'd not be surprised if you might be a single payment short of reaching it but nonetheless I believe their method of removal was both unjust and unfair. I don't have my own paperwork to look at as it's sent off for my PPI claim. From memory I'm sure there's something about 3 missed payments or more though so worth reading their paperwork.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

also dont forget the experian site is not accessable all the time for getting reports

think it closes at some times esp sunday eve/night?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

Thanks for that.

I'll be calling them tomorrow and will get more info.

I do believe the car was repossessed unfairly, because I didn't receive any letter to say this would be happening and when I mentioned this on the phone, nothing more was said. So I think they are aware of this.

The bailiff also said HE has a court order, there was no mention of me having received a court order. And I'm pretty sure that if he has a court order, in which he is allowed to take my car, shouldn't I have been allowed to see it.

He wouldn't really let me look at his clipboard, but did mention that the car now belonged to them and that I had to give it up. If I didn't, he would have to make a very unpleasant phonecall, which I assumed were the police.

As I was on my way to work, I gave up without a fight. Under any other circumstances, I wouldn't have given up so easily and would probably still have my car.

It's not even a payout I'm after. I just want my car back.

I work 2/3 hours away from work and without my car, it's very draining. Depression is slowly kicking in.

Don't get upset over it......its a lump of metal, nothing more, nothing less.....use the money they would have had and get an old banger for now to keep yourself mobile.

In the big scheme of things its an annoyance and I expect most of your feelings are because of the frustration of not knowing your rights at the time.

Welcome are very well known on this forum and are becoming increasingly desperate in their measures as cattles have pulled the plug and they are trying to redeem as much in the way of cash assets as possible.....unlawfully in the most part.

Postggj will help you resolve but ideally you'll be looking to file a claim against them before year end in case they go belly up first quarter of 2010.

As for the act of theft, report it - make it clear that you see the removal of vehicle as a civil matter which you are pursuing but that the theft of your chattels within, by force, is a criminal matter which you expect them to investigate fully.

Gez

i dont want to break the bad news to you like this but

the car has prob been sold allready at auction

thats how the repo agents get paid then send the balance on to welcome

Yeah, I know.

The car has been sold, because when I spoke to them last, it was at the auction site.

You know when you just wish for the impossible.

Even a replacement car would make me happy. :(