style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Moved into property 22nd May 2009 and paid deposit & 1st months rent. The LA never secured anything or passed on to LL so since June 22nd 2009 I have been dealing with LL directly.

There was never an inventory seen or signed at beginning of tenancy.

The 1st 6 months is up on 22nd October 2009 and the LL wants me to give them another deposit and to sign a new contract. So I know that the LL is to get the depsosit back from the LA or secure his own money in a scheme but what should I be doing? Can the LL find away of giving me notice in someway if I refuse to pay again etc I'm not behind on rent.

Can I move out without a deposit in place or take the LL to court?

I want to get a place with my boyfriend so have been thinking of moving into the spare room at his place and saving up for our own place asap.

I can't stand the place he lives in but it's social housing so would be okay for a short time plus few bills.

Also the LL now has baliffs letters coming in regards to either the flat service charge or old council tax.

cos the LA took the money and has don't nothing with it, they rent EVERYTHING so taking them to court is usless as someone found out when they tried to do so.

So deposit & 1st months rent has been lost.

the LA act on behalf of the LL so if you have paid the LA and they havent forewarded the money to the LL then its the LLs loss not yours. the LL is also liable for not protecting the deposit despite you having paid it to the LA

I sincerely hope this landlord is joking.

He is responsible for the deposit, and CANNOT ask you to pay again if HE has lost it.

Moreover, it cannot be LOST, as obviously the landlord has ensured the deposit is in a deposit scheme......

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!