Advice needed re: Non fault accident personal injury claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Really need some advice, on Wed morning on the way to work I was hit by a stagecoach bus, it was his fault and he accepted this at the scene. At this moment I am not aware that he has contested it, he cant really. Anyway my car is a write off and I have been off work with a bad back. Its really strange because initially I didnt have any pain at all however as the day wore on my lower back (kidneys) started to ache like mad. Went to the hospital to get checked out. Anyway next morning woke up and my whole back was as stiff as a board, went to docs and he gave me codene I think its called. Today it is even worse and feel upper back and neck stiffening, is this normal?

My insurance company have made me an offer on my car already, should I accept first offer? Also there was no mention of personal injury claim is that becuase I am not eligable?

Any help / advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

Hi guys,

Really need some advice, on Wed morning on the way to work I was hit by a stagecoach bus, it was his fault and he accepted this at the scene. At this moment I am not aware that he has contested it, he cant really. Anyway my car is a write off and I have been off work with a bad back. Its really strange because initially I didnt have any pain at all however as the day wore on my lower back (kidneys) started to ache like mad. Went to the hospital to get checked out. Anyway next morning woke up and my whole back was as stiff as a board, went to docs and he gave me codene I think its called. Today it is even worse and feel upper back and neck stiffening, is this normal?

My insurance company have made me an offer on my car already, should I accept first offer? Also there was no mention of personal injury claim is that becuase I am not eligable?

Any help / advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

The question you need to ask is NOT should I accept the first offer an Insurer makes, you should ask yourself if it is a fair offer. If it is accept it, if not then contest it and back it up with evidence as to why you feel it isn't fair. It's a common myth that people think insurers make a low ball offer to start with, they don't, they offer what they think is fair.

With regard to your injuries, yes it's normal to feel some types of injuries a while after the accident so don't worry. Your insurers won't take them into account, they insured your car and NOT you.

Any claim for injuries and/or other uninsured losses (excess etc) will have to be made directly against the other persons insurance, best get a solicitor if you don't have Legal Protection on your policy

Mossy