They took my car, but i owe more than i did before?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Not sure this is the right place for this, so put me right if not.

I took out a car in 2006 (july) in HP from REA (Renault Group) via RCI Finance.

I paid no problems for 13 months, but then was made redundant, decided to be a student again, and problems kicked in.

In Oct 2008 i had the car taken from me on the door-step with no warning, no nothing, turned up on a sunday afternoon and demanded it, said they had been looking for me for months.

In Sep 2008 i moved address, so longest they could have looked was a month.

When they took the car, £4500 was the settlment charge, but i didnt have this so they took it.

They said they would give me details to the finance company and they "may" be in contact with me.

Until yesterday i had heard nothing from them, i guess it was nieve, but i thought they took the car and they took the debt with it as there was little negative equitiy in it, if any.

I have a court letter saying its been transfered from poole to birmingham cc, and they a CCJ was issued by poole and the sum payable was 4407.41.

The sum now is 4700.?? as they have added ? on and 100 for attachment order.

My concern now is, i owe more than i did before they took the car, so was the car worth £0. At time of taking the car, it was just out of warrenty thus just over 3 years old, and renault had valued it recently at £3900 as i wanted to sell it back to them to try clear the debt, but they wouldnt take it as they was over stocked at the time and said i had to wait or they could make me an offer for 2500 to take it right away, which i declined as it was stupid offer.

So now i am lost what too do, as it seems i have lost a car and still owe what i did when i had it.

RFS and RCI are the finance companies, can i send them a letter to request all letters they have posted to me in the past as i didnt get anything after oct?

Can i get all court letters resent as i am guessing there must be ones from 2008 that i never got as the CCJ was issued Apr 2009 and the first i hear is last week.

They sent this letter to my parents address, where i was living when i first took finance, so i am guessing the debt collectors (DLC) didnt pass on my new address and letters have been sent to my old address.

I have been to my old address, and the new people said they had binned some of it, and sent the rest to the estate agents, estate agents swear they never had a single letter.

So, Help please? thank you for any feedback on this.

Not sure if you would be better off in general debt section?

as this is really a question about finance ?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE