Transferring sky from one person to another

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

My daughter split from her boyfriend last year. The Sky+ was in his name (although my daughter paid the bills)

She wants to put the sky into her name but her ex is refusing to cancel the contract or contact Sky to transfer the contract.

Does anyone know how she can get around this problem?

Thanks in advance

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You should contact Sky in the first instance and explain this to them and then take it from there. You do, of couarse, have the power of being able to stop payments if they won't do anything, and if the contract still has time to run, then it is her boyfriend who will get the 'pay me' letters.

Thanks Connif,

Unfortunately she has tried this and every time they state that they can't deal with her as she's not the account holder.

I explained to her about stopping payments. I think at first they cut off the service but won't cancel the account straight away so she could be without her TV friend for a while and then of course, there would be arrears attached to the address which would (i'm sure) affect her starting up a new account.

Oh why do I take on my kids issues?? Oh yeah, I'm dad:-|

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

After 12 Months Does A Sky Contract Not Turn Into A 30 Day Rolling Contract

Think I Saw A Post On That

Yes but the account holder has to cancel and he's being a total ar*sewipe

I can't see any other way around this then as Sky obviously can do what you want but are being awkward and using it as an excuse to continue their usual money grabbing ways.

Do you know where he now lives? if so, isn't there a facility on line to change your address, then you could just do it that way and then stop payments. Change your provider to BT or Virgin or even Freeview.

I can't see any other way around this then as Sky obviously can do what you want but are being awkward and using it as an excuse to continue their usual money grabbing ways.

Do you know where he now lives? if so, isn't there a facility on line to change your address,I will ask her then you could just do it that way and then stop payments.

Change your provider to BT or Virgin or even Freeview

She lives in the sticks and TV reception is appalling with no cable in the whole town. Freeview is out. Bt vision relies on a TV aerial to do the freeview channels so basically she is stuffed at the mo

I'll explore more avenues later.

Ta muchly

one option is stop payments and allow the account to block ad she can set up an account in her own name but if this means no tv for a period.

albeit that you can set up more than one account at an address s your daugter could call and ask for a second hand contact as she will be 'moving' into the premises and then switch cards and allow the other to block.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks for dropping in Ida,

I will pass on the info gleaned to my long suffering daughter:D

if any other come to mind ill drop you a line ;)

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

I would stop payments and buy a freesat box... plug into the sky wire and off you go. the odds of them coming to remove the dish are very low... although they may ask for the box back but doubt that also.

freesat will work through the sky dish :) ok does not have all the bells and whistles sly has but is better than nothing :(

Thank you so much for all your help!! I will get the ball rolling tomorrow. Thanks too to my wonderful Dad for assissting me as usual!!

Rach xxx

Don't thank me, just thank the Lord that created me:rolleyes::D

thank him at christmas with a nice big extra pressie :D

Sky transfer ownership of the equipment to you, as you'll find when they want to charge you £65 to repair it when in breaks.

A standard Sky box essentilly becomes a freesat box of a form if you cancel your subscription. If they refuse to let you.............stop paying em they will cut off only the premium channels.

I install and maintain the things as an independant:)

only the onwer of the equipment can 'transfer' ownership

ida x

only the onwer of the equipment can 'transfer' ownership

ida x

Perhaps I was a little vague. Sky do not retain ownership of the equipment. It belongs to whomever had it installed. For good financial reason as far as they see it.

Main point being, nobody will remove any sky reception equipment for non payment of subscription. They can't since they gave it to the subscriber free, for 49 quid, or whatever the deal was at the time. Unlike virgin who retain and maintain their boxes in theory.