Leeds Christmas Meet - 20th November 2009 - 6 pm - Wetherspoons - North Concourse, Leeds City Station

hilaryfrances
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm struggling up from Outer London/ Essex..

Can't wait to see the flat caps and whippets.... :p

You going to the Oxford one as well then? If I'm not working I might go but won't know until last minute. Hotels seem expensive there though

I'm struggling up from Outer London/ Essex..

Hi Spam

It is a myth what they say about whippets and flat caps, however if you stop watching 1940's filims then I'm sure your opinion on us ' northerners ' would be different.

I am going in the shower, ooh where is my BLOND HAIR DYE...OOH I LOVE STACY SOLOMAN.......not

Regards..Mr Worried :)

You going to the Oxford one as well then? If I'm not working I might go but won't know until last minute. Hotels seem expensive there though

Hoping to go to Oxford, but I am supposed to be working.. I'm just waiting on someone coming back from long term sick to see if they'll swap their hours with me..

Silly girl and Babybear have booked a dorm in the backpackers which sleeps four.. I believe it would work out to around £12 each and I did ask them to reserve me a bed so unless anyone else has pipped us at the post there should be another one going spare.. :cool:

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Hi Spam

It is a myth what they say about whippets and flat caps, however if you stop watching 1940's filims then I'm sure your opinion on us ' northerners ' would be different.

I'm truly disappointed... I was looking forward to a bit of culture having been subjected to a severe lack of it Dahn Sarf .... so the Wheeltappers and Shunters club is closed now is it?

I am going in the shower, ooh where is my BLOND HAIR DYE...OOH I LOVE STACY SOLOMAN.......not

Are you insinuating that I wear tarts trotters 'n' leggings, dance around my handbag and my favourite wine is 'I wanna go to Lakeside'....

Such stereotyping is inexcusable... :rolleyes:

:p

Thanks Spam. I'll give them a shout when I know what I'm doing and see if they still have a spare bed!

Okey dokey... failing that as I'm going to be a bit last minute too, we may be able to find a cheap 'share'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

got me ear plugs for the Essex drawl.....but I know I dont need them cause you sound quite normal....It must have been all that BBC brainwashing from 'Listen with mother' not like me

I am sooooo envious of northern accents!! I love them... my particular favourite is Scottish...( don't tell MD52, he'll come over all big heeded..:p)

but I genuinely wish I wasn't a southerner for that fact alone.. our accent is either seriously boring or if you listen to the current mutation of essex/cockney/australian/american then it's just downright irritating...its like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard... makes me shudder..:-o

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:razz:Na then sither, I really do wish that you southerners would stop thinking that everybody up north have a flat cap & keep whippets:eek::eek:, 'cos I don't wear a flat cap & I don't even like whippets!!:cool: So you see not every northerner can be branded with that tag, now can they......:D:D:D lmao

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Talk about resurrections, I've not been online for ages, & when I do I see that "The lost plot club" is back an all :lol: xxx
Wrong Forum ja-de, the 'LTPC' is HERE. :D

Hi there everybody, anyone missed me then???
Nope. :p

By the way Tills, I won't be finishing work at St James's until 5pm, & with all the rush hour traffic, I won't get home until about 6ish, 'cos I've gotta drive through Leeds to Morley lol
Errrrm...I don't quite know how to tell U this ja-de but...

The Leeds Meet is actually in LEEDS.

...See U around midnight then. :D

:eek::eek: lol Tills, it might look like a 400 yard toodle from the map, but trust me it's deffo further than that
Only as the pigeon flies......from Morley! :rolleyes:

Hopefully back to stay...
U is the one who is responsible for peeps STAYS? :shock:

Well who else missed me then??? & don't all put your hands up at once :lol::lol:
U has been missing?...U is saying that peeps have underarm probs? :shock:

Methinks that U is gonna be soooo busy HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE + oooh HERE too.

...& that's before I even mention the ironing + cleaning that U've been neglecting.

:razz::D Tra-la-la

This post was kindly sponsored by 'Links R Us'...The lifestyle coaching peeps that help U want to improve your running + hiding skills. :)

:razz:Na then sither, I really do wish that you southerners would stop thinking that everybody up north have a flat cap & keep whippets:eek::eek:, 'cos I don't wear a flat cap & I don't even like whippets!!:cool: So you see not every northerner can be branded with that tag, now can they......:D:D:D lmao

Ferrets down trouserlegs then? .... do you still do that up there??

pushes whippet behind chair whips flat cap off head..... To reveal a barm cake and a whippet drinking half a pint of stout ...:p

no see I dont have them either

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am sooooo envious of northern accents!! I love them... my particular favourite is Scottish...( don't tell MD52, he'll come over all big heeded..:p heidit)

Thank you :) (me Scottish too !)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Should have got rid of this lurgey by then unless it decides to make a comeback...

There is a sofa bed going spare in the family room I have booked that you are welcome to...

Thanks Jan...

OK, that's sorted then...if you pm me your email address I'll just forward the email from Jurys reservations so you have everything.

Have got Swine Flu...Has anyone else had it?
U can e-mail Swine Flu Jan4a?? :shock::shock::shock:

...Leeds Jury's Inn is in the Quarratine Ward of Jimmy's?? :-?

:razz::D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ja-de viewpost.gif

Talk about resurrections, I've not been online for ages, & when I do I see that "The lost plot club" is back an all xxx

Wrong Forum ja-de, the 'LTPC' is HERE.

:eek:

Quote:

Hi there everybody, anyone missed me then???

Nope.

Didn't think you would have!!

Quote:

By the way Tills, I won't be finishing work at St James's until 5pm, & with all the rush hour traffic, I won't get home until about 6ish, 'cos I've gotta drive through Leeds to Morley lol

Errrrm...I don't quite know how to tell U this ja-de but...

The Leeds Meet is actually in LEEDS.

I DO know that, seeing as I live in LEEDS

...See U around midnight then.

I think I can manage to get there at about 7ish, well before midnight :razz:

Quote:

lol Tills, it might look like a 400 yard toodle from the map, but trust me it's deffo further than that

Only as the pigeon flies......from Morley! :rolleyes:

No Pigeons over here, they're all in pies yummmmy

Quote:

Hopefully back to stay...

U is the one who is responsible for peeps STAYS? :eek:

Tut tut

Quote:

Well who else missed me then??? & don't all put your hands up at once

U has been missing?...U is saying that peeps have underarm probs? :eek:

You should know better than most :D

Methinks that U is gonna be soooo busy HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE + oooh HERE too.

Nahh I'll leave that to the experts that know these things i.e MTM

...& that's before I even mention the ironing + cleaning that U've been neglecting.

All done

:D Tra-la-la

This post was kindly sponsored by 'Links R Us'...The lifestyle coaching peeps that help U want to improve your running + hiding skills. :-)

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ferrets down trouserlegs then? .... do you still do that up there??

:D

Yeah, be afraid, be very afraid mens underwear BITES :shock::razz:

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My green crayons are a tad blunt at the moment ja-de.

:(

This is just typical of the inane comments posted on this thread recently.

Let me say that I am utterly disgusted!

I had been led to believe that I was being invited to a serious evening of cultural exchange including excepts of classical music and art appreciation. But what am I expecting now? Zoological episodes involving ferrets? Good gracious me, what is this country coming to?

If I do decide to come to this apparently debaucherous celebration, I shall expect proper behaviour from all concerned - and appropriate precautions (should I get caught up in events beyond my control, you understand).