Vanquis Bank......arggghh!

katpuss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Had to start another thread.

Had a credit card with Vanquis, fell behind and cut the card up. I've now added them to my DMP with the CCCS. I've told them that they will get their payments monthly.

They are killing me with charges:

£12 Late Payment

£12 Missed Payment

£12 Overlimit Fee

They are putting these on every month.

Please help

Thanks

Katpuss

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Hi,

Claim the charges back, should not be to much of a problem as Credit Cards have nothing to do with the 'test case'.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I'm in the same boat as you! ....see thread... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/216124-vanquis-bank-cca-please.html

they've ignored the account in dispute letter and everything else I've requested from them, however you should be able to reclaim the charges from them, I'm in the process of doing this at the moment....some threads I've found very useful..... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/162768-diskmandave-vanquis.html

... and http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/195487-vanquis-charges.html

send off for a SAR (it'll cost £10) so you can add up your charges, add interest for each charge at the card rate (not forgetting statutory 8% interest)

:)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Vanquis are awful! Not only are their charges and interest rates extortianate - they are also seemingly a bunch of complete numbskulls!

I have a card with these people and back in July i mistakenly cancelled my direct debit - my fault and i hold my hands up to it. However - i immediately called Vanquis to reinstate my DD which i was told they did. When i realised they hadn't reinstated the DD i called again and asked why it had not been done. I was issued with an empty apology and told they would do it now - which they didn't. That then put me over my Credit limit which i incurred charges for as well as late payment charges.

After my third month of no DD being taken Vanquis called me asking for payment. I told them i am quite willing to pay if only they would take my DD and that because nobody seemed to want to listen to me or seemingly take my monthly payment by DD as i had asked, i wanted the account frozen and that I would be communicating only in writing from now on. I was then told (quite abruptly) that as per the terms and conditions of my contract they would continue to call me to chase payment.

I have written two letters to Vanquis asking for all charges since the DD was not reinstated to be refunded and for the account to be frozen of all interest - both of which hasn't happened or even been addressed, and yet i still receive at least 3 phone calls a day (which i consider to be harrasment) from them chasing payment! On the odd occasion that i actually answer one of these calls i tell them that i will not proceed with the call as i am currently dealing with (or trying to deal with) the "Customer action team" and they jsut don't process the information i have given them and just proceed tell me to clear the balance now! I always just end up hanging up on these complete simpletons because they give me a headache!

I'm still receiving letters and calls asking for payment, and yet not one actually addressing the issue i have brought before them!

Also it's woth mentioning that the montly statements with which you get a payment slip arrive at my door each month after the due date of my payment - incurring "late" fees!

My question is this:

1) Can i legally request these people to stop calling me all the time as it is really starting to get to me - especially as they don't seem to listen or address the issue!

2) Why can't i make an internet payment of any amount i see fit. Why does it have to be minimum payment or full payment - where do they stand legally with that - it's unfair!

3) Has anyone got any general advise about dealing with these people?

2) Why can't i make an internet payment of any amount i see fit. Why does it have to be minimum payment or full payment - where do they stand legally with that - it's unfair!

Hi, I can't help with any of the other issues, but on this point, I bank with Halifax and have internet banking. I have set up the bank and reference details for all my credit cards (including Vanquis) from the details on the back of the statements and I pay them whatever amount I want to each month just by logging on to my Bank Internet account and issuing the payment from there.

Hi, I can't help with any of the other issues, but on this point, I bank with Halifax and have internet banking. I have set up the bank and reference details for all my credit cards (including Vanquis) from the details on the back of the statements and I pay them whatever amount I want to each month just by logging on to my Bank Internet account and issuing the payment from there.

Ahhhh,...so it can be done! Thanks very much for that!:)