10days Left!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all. great site i must say firstly.im claiming £2192 back off the halifax which was sqeezed off me over 5 years.i have closed the account in sometime in febuary but had all statements saved so i didnt need ask bank for them....... anyway i sent first letter(charges are unlawful etc etc)on the 14th june and got the fob off letter back on the 26th (same as everyones on site)but offering £235 good will gesture!!:evil: wrote lba letter back declining offer but will accept as partial settlement giving them14 days to responde which gives them til 14th july(friday)as off today ive had no response.(up early waiting for posty:rolleyes: )wil keep u all posted of any developments as they happen"! good luck to everyone who is keeping the good fight alive!:wink:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi again.got this letter today and said i would keep you all posted!

dear mr clark

Thank you for your recent letter.

i am sorry to learn that you are unhappy with our initial offer to refund £235.00 worth of charges.As we have explained previously,the charges we apply to your account do recover costs so we cannot agree to refund them all.however,in an attempt to reach an amicable solution to your complaint,i am prepared to increase our offer to £707.00 in full and final settlement of your complaint. I wil reiterate that future valid charges will stand and we reserve the right to close your account if you do not manage it correctly.( account has been closed since march 3rd)If you are prepared to accept my revised offer,please sign and return the enclosed acceptance form in the pre-paid envelope.

you recently recieved a copy of our leaflet explaining our complaints procedures.should any of your concerns remain unresolved please let me know what you"d like me to do to put matters right.We are keen to resolve your concerns,if we are unable to do so we"ll provide you details of how you can contact the financial ombudsman service for help.If i dont hear from you in the next eight weeks i will assume you are happy.

If you would like to discuss your concerns,please contact me on 08457253519.

yours sincerely

Claire Mcbride

Review Manager

Customer Relations

Enc.Acceptance Form Pre-paid Envelope.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-particulars-claim-hard-copy.html

cut, paste and trim to size. i.e,. remove some spaces to make it fit.

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

Please read the Step-By-Step instructions its all in there

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Can you please clarify, in English, what your question is. Your posts are extremely difficult to understand.

Mechs is right - the information you require is probably in the FAQs.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi. Please Could Someone Answer A Question?im Having Trouble With My Claim Online. All I Need To Know Is Do I Put The Interest In The Moneyclaim Total Now Or Do I Do It When Im In Court?im Claiming For £2192 Before Interest And Its £2600 With Interest.which Figure Do I Put In On The Claim Online.......it May Be A Silly Question But Iaint Got A Clue????thanks Sharkster

You detail a list of items that you are claiming: -

Charges £A

Interest on charges (if applicable) £B

Total of above £C (=A+B)

s69 Interest on Total £D

Expenses (e.g. recorded delivery costs) £E

Data Protection Act Fee (if paid) £F

Total £G (=C+D+E+F)

Leave out anything that you haven't had to pay or aren't claiming for.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

thanks thewife.could you please tell me what to do with the schedule of charges?im doing my money claim online?also ive missed a £30 charge when i wrote to the halifax but spotted it when i was doing my s/o/c should i put this in on my moneyclaim ? hope you can understand this?? cheers sharkster

There's no reason why you can't add any new or missing charges on at the stage - it's the last opportunity. You will need to send it a schedule of charges to be attached to your claim. I'm not sure how this is done, as I filed on Form N1 and took it the court with a copy of the schedule. Have a look at the instructions on the MCOL site.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

ok m8 i wil......... this is what ive put in the particulars of claim..........................I had a contract with the defendant bank

dated 16/03/2001 account no;xxxxxxx and

which is conducted on their

standard terms and conditions. I am claiming

the return of money taken by the defendant

in the way of charges over the last 5 years

plus the interest they have levied on those

charges. The bank's charges are a

disproportionate penalty and therefore

unenforceable as they are contrary to common

law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty

they are invalid under the Unfair

(Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the

Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts

Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In

the event that the charges are not a penalty

then they are unreasonable within the

meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services

Act 1982 s.15.

I have repeatedly asked the bank to justify

their charges but they have declined to do

so.a schedule of charges is availble to the courts and the defendent.

should i mention ive put 8%interest ive put on? thanks for the quick reply thewife.

There is a section for filling in the value of the claim and this is where you list a breakdown of the amount as shown in post #2.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

i cant find it all it says is :Claim amounts

amount claimed:

court fee:

soliciters costs:

total amount:

no where to put break down?? sorry ive im being a bit of a halfwit!!!!(im a bricklayer by trade)lol thanks wife

No probs. As I said, I filed using Form N1 so that I could attach my schedule at the time of filing and to give a fuller description of the complaint. I was also paying by cheque, so this meant it was the only way I could do it. I've not seen the MCOL site. If there's no space in the Claim Amount to break it down, then I assume that you put the breakdown at the end of the Particulars of Claim section. Sorry if I've confused you.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

hello again..... i cant put in the breakdown in the Particulars of Claim section as it wil not except £signs? shall i just put pounds in?lol srry about this but can anyone help i really want to file my money claim today(2 reasons; got the money today proberly be spent tomorrow and also i want to teach the banks they cant push us little people about) many thanks sharkster

Leave the £ signs off. They'll know what it means.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

just a quick update......got notice of issue today

Your claim was issued on the 19th july.

The court sent it to the defendent by first class post on the 19th july 2006 and it will be deemed to be served on the 24th july 2006.

the defendent has until the 7th august to reply.

not long now i hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great stuff! Start planning how you'll spend it! :)

Jeep (The Wife & I)