Mercantile Data Bureau Letter

jake1985
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Opened my mail to find a letter from these chaps re: an old debt 4-5 yrs old. Says I ignored their previous letter, however never had one at this address. They say they are starting the profiling process and if I'm found to be working or a home owner, they will instruct a third party to begin further collection etc.

I'm neither, I'm an unemployed student, renting a room. So, I haven't phoned them, nor acknowledged the letter - just curious if anyone can enlighten me on what the best course of action is? Should I ignore it so as it doesn't affect the statute barred process in a year or so, or will these dudes get nasty and actually turn up at my door?

Thanks

I would ignore if anyone ever turns up they should be told to f*ck off remember they have no rights to be on your property( despite there grand titles such as officer, investagator, official). As for the claim to have sent you letters before this is a standard tactic to try to get you to phone them. what is the alleged debt for.

Edited by dcakiller
typo, info added

I read on here that these kind of letters are phising letters to see whether I'm actually here or not...is this correct? I'm assuming should they hear nothing then they'd assume I wasn't here? Or is that wishful thinking? LOL!

This isn't my property, it's my fiancee's parents so the thought of them turning up isn't filling me with delight if I'm honest....

Thanks dcakiller, that's much appreciated. I'll disregard this for the time being, with any luck they won't turn up. The amount is relatively small under 1k so I imagine they have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Should I receive another letter in the near future I'm going to send it back advising no such person at this address.