Car Loan

samc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I am just coming to the end of my car loan which started just over three years ago and finishes in November. I am in 2 months arrears and have also got about £600 worth of charges on the account for late payments over the period. Are the charges lawful and do I have to pay them?

I hope you can help as that want to send someone round to sit down with me and discuss my finances, which I am not prepared to do. Also can they reposess my car?

Thanks

Sam - Newcomer

Guest Zooman

No they are not but you need to post in the relavent forum and you will get any help you need. Tell me who it is with and I move the thread for you.

Hi i'm not sure if i should be posting this here either but i am having terrible trouble with Online Finance, well close credit management now, they are the worst company i have ever had the pleasure to know, we have been taken to court on two occassions now by them and we are going for the 3rd in sept. We have been paying the car loan for 31/2 years now with another 2 years and 8 months left i think and the loan was for £3999 with about £3500 charges so we owed about £7500 for a car which was worth about £4000 now about £1200, but hey we signed so it's our fault, anyway the judge has orderd them to give us a brake down of charges applied to our account when close assistance have intervened and they won't i have sent 4 reg post letters to them and like i have said the judge have ordered them but they won't basically they have charges us about £650 a time for being 2 months in arrears which was £109.86 a month, work that one out, the way they have dealt with us is awful bullying and thretening us everytime they called us or they would just turn up 2 huge men, thanks god my hubby is huge as well, and he's full of tatoos, and the second time he called two of my hubbys biggest mates were here, it was a pleasure to see the bully boy's **** themselves basically, they kept saying we don't want no trouble, my hubby kept saying what are you on about, it was so funny. bye the way my hubby is a pussy cat, he just looks hard and trouble. We are paying £50.00 a month at the moment until i can prove that we have paid more than the £3100 they are saying that we have paid, so i have had to request our bank statements from 2 banks, which are taking forever, we know we have paid more than they are saying and also when they sent us the statements from online not even their solicitor or the judge or us could work out how the statements worked, so the judge ordered us to get bank statements, to prove otherwise, so we are just waiting, we were going to hand the car back, but i am back and for the hosiptal and my hubby uses the car about 3 times a week for work, so if we don't have the car them my hubby can't work, so we are a bit stuck really. The judge was great the first time we went to court, he was on our side, but when we went in July, he kept saying i don not know what to do with this case, as we were saying one thing and close asst/online we saying another, and the jusge said he did not know who to believe??????? strange we thought, we are just praying for the statements proving that we have in fact paid more than they say:| close ass rang us last week and told us that if we did hand over the car them we would be liable for about £3000 anyway, they were winding us up we thought anyway, we get this right smug b*****d ringing us once in a while, we know he's only a ankle snapper and that he thinks he's being cleaver ringing us up threatening us, but i just laugh now and the last time he rang i told him he was being recorded he soon hang up. We are noting everything down to tell the judge in sept, i am just so annoyed with abbey and barclays they are taking forever with the bank statements. If we are wrong then i don't know what we are going to do, we can't afford a solicitor ourselves, and cos the car is in my hubbys name and not mine, as i am on benefits we can't get legal aid, or wharever if is called now, and the CAb are crap, they just want to know about other debts, all the time i have been there on 6 occassions now and i have found out more on this site then what they have told me, so i have lost faith in them to be honest, anyway that's my rant, any help would be great if you have any. I'll keep you posted on what happens in sept:|