7 day guarantee not being honored

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I paid for a download service through PirateBay (the new owners) first of all the amount charged wasnt clear until the payment had been processed (I thought I was paying £27, they took £67 off my card for other "extras" I hadnt requested) and so 5 minutes after payment I contacted them, though the links provided on their site, to cancel. As per their 7 day satisfaction guarantee.

I had no response, so contacted them again through the site (I tried to phone but after being on hold for 30 minutes gave up) and still got no response, and in total mailed them through their website 7 or 8 times, not getting a response at all.

Eventually today I got through on the phone (after a 45 minute wait on hold) to be told that they hadnt received any of the mails (all through their own website) and as the 7 days had expired they wouldnt be refunding me.

I paid on Visa debit.

Is this just a [problem] and I need to cut my losses or is there something I can do?

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

You can get a chargeback on Visa. Take all the emails along to your bank and ask for it. Some banks 'pretend' they don't know or you can't do it on a debit card, so you might have to insist they do what they have to do.

Debit cards don't come under S75 as credit cards do.

I contacted my bank today and was told that it only applies if the company goes bust.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

I contacted my bank today and was told that it only applies if the company goes bust.

It doesn't - that their own internal 'policy'. Tell them it is the 'Visa Guarantee' and not to waste both your time by giving you misleading information.

Exactly as buzby says, you will have to insist.

If they continue to refuse, come back and will find the relevent info for you.

Now I'm off to amazon to buy the latest book of 'bankers jokes to play on customers'.