Help Needed Renault Gaurage r doing my head in

akmalyamin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well, not sure where to start,

my car is in with arnold clark renault, it was given to them via my car insurances approved repair center coz they were unable diagnose my problem, i had jumped a kerb to avoid a colision while traveling at arount 30-40 mph and the car made a rattle as if somthing was doped into the engin and it switched off. so.. arnold clark renault said that my timing idler pully had snaped off - my timing belt is fine aparently.

they were told to chek why the car was not starting so they said it is due to the timing idler pully but this is not due to any accesdined or reported incident.

i was pritty p ed off so i called renualt uk.. and asked them if this would be a waer and tear issue.

they called the garage and the garage told renault uk that they could not saay either way if it was wear and tear also that they have never seen this hapern before.

but they had alsready informed my insurnace that this was not accident related.

i called renualt uk back to advise them of this inconsistance and they said maybe they have rechecked the car and came to this solution. but they did not call the gaurage to conf this..

soooo

i said fine ill pay for the repair.

i then find out that they only checked the car for an hour which i am being asked to pay laso they never checked the stearing the wheels or any other part. i had prignaly advisd that there was no physical damage but still they should have checked.

but now after being billed 414.00 to replcace timing belt kit they are saying there are other prblems which could result maybe in a 1500 or more bill but wont know until they check the car for a furhter 4 hrs at a cost of 250.00

renualt uk have yet to confirm to me if the idler pully snapping off is actually a wear and tear issue but i feel that the gaurage should have checked the stearing or wheels or orhter parts before saying to my garage that it had nothong to do with my incident???

i need some advise as to what to do

this bill is spirng out of control and i wont be able to aford it....:-x