Ticketmaster & MJ Refund

tiaposy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having a problem with Ticketmaster & a refund of MJ ticket money.

Originally I decided to have the souvenir tickets (mad I know!) but then decided I could do with the money more.

I rang them on 14th August (last day to get the souvenir tickets) and told them I wanted a refund instead. I went through all the card details etc and was finally told it would take up to 3 weeks.

Then on sunday I had an email saying my tickets were on the way.

I rang on sunday, monday, and yesterday and they haven't returned my calls. They are saying the final lists for refunds has gone through and they will 'see what they can do'. They have admitted I rang on the 14/8.

My question is, can I send them a LBA? They never ring me back and I am getting sick and tired of going through the details everytime I ring.

Also, has anyone got their head office address?

Thanks

I have just had to phone them again (after them not returning my call as promised). They are saying it was an operator error on 14/8 and that she shouldn't have agreed to a refund. They are having a meeting with AEG tomorrow to decide what to do (I cannot be the only one then).

Am I right in saying my contract is with ticketmaster & not AEG, therefore I can take ticketmaster to court to get my money back - plus interest?

Any help gratefully appreciated as I owe this money to my mother-in-law!!

Thanks

yes and

Ticketmaster Customer Services

PO Box 798

Manchester

M60 1WUV

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

above answer to first post and yes to second

dia x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

You'll be bound by THEIR ™ Terms and Conditions, so read those completewly before you start talking about court action. Tickets are not the same as other goods under the DSR, so as it is you who is changing your mind (rather than them letting you down) it might be useful to cut them some slack, than get hit with a brick wall.

Unless you have proof of what you were 'told' (like a recording) it's not worth pursuing. Your agreement will be based on the pre-existing T&C's, and staff will not have the power to vary. The fact the also had the money until March is hardly relevant, as MJ was still living then - the issue is your change of mind on the souvenir alternative. The clock starts from then.

• 6 months later...