Valley enforcement Parking fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for taking so long to update you all on how I've got on with my 'invoice' from Valley Enforcement. They stopped sending me letters shortly after I last posted and started sending threats of court action to my husband (the registered owner) instead! Needless to say, we just ignored them and haven't heard anything for over 6 months now.

On a similar note, a work colleague experienced a similar problem with the Didcot car park, except, even worse they received a ticket for placing their ticket in the car the wrong way up on their dashboard. That's not upside down so the details couldn't be seen but just the wrong way round so the the time was facing into the car and not out towards the bonnet! Obviously the people who patrol the car park are unable to read upside down!! The colleague eventually paid as the threatening letters continued to the point where they received the half price deal. I tried to convince them to ignore it but I think they were too spooked - what a shame.

Thanks for all the support from fellow posters on here - it really helped put my mind at rest.:roll:

Oh dear! Remembe, under civil law, all these companies are entitled to are their losses incurred as a result of the 'infringement' (breach of contract terms). That a company should claim by way of intimidating letters that they have incurred a genuine loss as a result of someone displaying a ticket upside down is fraudulent in my opinion. Your colleague has been well and truly mugged.

Oh dear! Remembe, under civil law, all these companies are entitled to are their losses incurred as a result of the 'infringement' (breach of contract terms). That a company should claim by way of intimidating letters that they have incurred a genuine loss as a result of someone displaying a ticket upside down is fraudulent in my opinion. Your colleague has been well and truly mugged.

That point has been emphasized in recent court cases. Parking Eye were awarded just £15 ( the cost of two P&D tickets) and not the three-figure sum they were demanding. OPC have lost at least two court cases after the judge ruled that the sums they were demanding were unfair penalties.

Hello all

I have recently had a similar problem and actually mine was also in Crawley, West Sussex. Paid for a ticket, blew off my dashboard, got a fine and wrote to them explaining that i had indeed paid for a ticket.

That is the end of the story.

I sent them the ticket i had purchased to appeal my case

Bad mistake.

but alas

Regular posters try and guess what happens next!!!!!

i received a reply telling me regardless of the fact that i had a ticket, the fine was still being enforced.

All those that guessed right have another beer.

Just wanted to know that other people are ignoring these letters?!

As you can see you have done far too much and are playing their game. Stop all contact now. Ignore them completely, you paid for a ticket end of story, they have no loss and no claim.

thanks

laura

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.