unpaid parking ticket and Philips

fakeblood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello peeps,

I was wondering if someone could give me advise regarding an unpaid parking ticket and Philips. Here's the story:

January

Received £30 parking ticket notice

March

Letter received from Majesty's Court for a Final Demand of £45

June

Letter received from Philips Debt Collection demanding £70

August 2nd

Checked my account on Phillips' website to see that the fine had increased to £170. I therefore made an online payment of £85.00.

August 10th (today)

Bailif visted my house while i wasnt in and left a form demanding £170. When i learned of this i went online and paid the remaining £85.

There was no need for the bailif to visit me. A simple phone call and i wouldve paid the remaining amount! Ive now spoken to him over the phone and he informed me of their charges: £25 for the case being registered with Philips; and £100 for a bailif being assigned (40% of which the bailif keeps). Hes also unaware of the payment i made on the 02/08 for £85.

In total Philips have charged me £125. Doesnt this seem a little excessive? Is there anything i can do to redeem this money?

Cheers peeps

Yeah, I know! I kind of just forgot about it...

I just had a word with Philips. They told me that the instant a bailiff is assigned to a case, the fine is increased by £100, regardless of whether a visit was required! This is defintely excessive.

How do I make a claim for unfair charges, ie. whats the procedure? Does anyone have a link to the law regarding this? Is there a template letter on this forum for something like this? Cant seem to find anything.

This was a parking fine imposed by the Court?

If so, there is no set scale of fees. The bailiffs can charge "reasonable" fees porportionate to the fine they are collecting. If you want to challenge the fees, you would have to take the matter back to the Court that imposed the fine. I doubt they would be interested in doing much though given the opportunities you had to pay up before the bailiffs got involved.