Offer of help from NHS "lifer". :)

MsWeatherwax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

A quick intro - I've worked in admin for the NHS for the last 8 years, and intend to continue doing so for the foreseeable future. It has its problems for sure, but I'm actually very proud of what we do and would love to share some knowledge with any forum members who could do with a hand. The NHS's biggest fault is that it's too complicated sometimes even for the people who work there, so I can understand how it can be frustrating for anyone "passing through" the system, so to speak. My "specialities", (such as they are) are medical imaging and outpatients, but there isn't much I haven't seen and a lot of it is applicable to any area.

If anyone would like any advice on how to deal with problems or worries about the NHS, I'm more than happy to help in any way I can. I have to stress that I am merely admin staff, so I can't give any clinical advice for obvious reasons, but I can offfer some support and advice on complaints or general confusion about how things work.

All the best,

Ms Weatherwax

Edited by MsWeatherwax

Thank you, MsWeatherwax - experience is always useful.

I would advise people to shy away from taking personal advice from another member via PM; not that I think there's anything intentional, but it's easier to correct advice given in open forum should it be inaccurate, intentionally or otherwise.

Welcome to CAG.

Hi Car

Completely understood and agreed with to an extent - I have no intention of getting personally involved with cases though, just to give relevant addresses/phone numbers and contact details for PALS where applicable. I'm just very concious of the fact that people often don't take a complaint or query further because they're worried about the embarrassment factor or of being "a pest", and they might be reluctant to post details on a public forum.

Original post edited accordingly though - very happy to be here, and hope I can help. :)

Good stuff. I must say, I wouldn't know where to start with a complaint for the NHS, should I ever have one ;)

This thread has been "stuck" so it doesn't drop off the first page of posts.

I've also locked it, as we get new members posting on the stickies with their problem/issue/question - if you do need help, please feel free to start a thread in the NHS forum. There's a beginners guide to CAG that will tell you how, if you don't know already, linked to my signature, also;

NHS Forum link;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nhs/

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks