RegTransfers - Private registration plates.

JAN1471
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, so here we go, my mum and and dad, came over on bank holiday Monday and my mum was on about private registration plates for her car, that her and my dad share.

Ok. so goto reg transfers site, look and find one for her N3**B*S, ok buy it paid on my dad's visa card as the car is in his name, Ok fine, get through to the final page and it says that the reg is being done on a cert, but that they have paid for plates to be made(strange surely the site should take of cert)not done showing reciept that it is being done on cert and paltes have been paid for, ring cust service say have no record of plates being ordered and to be sent on cert and an admin of£25 for plates, say that my mum will call on Tuesday to sort out. So my mum calls on Tuesday, only to find that that plate had already been sold, but it was still avai on their site for sale, right so she is offered another plate N9**B*S, told by the manager that they would wavie the £25 and that the plates for this reg would be with them in 2-3days, now on this site you can track your plate order, by putting in plate number and email add. So on thursday she trys to track this order, still not showing, so she calls customer service yesterday, to be told once again that this plate had been sold once again. Now this plate has cost nearly £400. When she rang them yesterday she gave them 24hrs to get the money back to her visa account and of today it has still not gone back. So she will wait and she if it's gone back in on Monday, if not she is getting my dad to ring them and then going to ring visa to do a claw back, for the money and Reg transfers can and try and fight Visa for it, but I think gaining money by deception may well come into it as they don't have the sole right to sell the plate and at no point do they make clear that they have to goto DVLa and that DVLA do hav ethe right to sell the plate. My dad was going to buy this as my mum's birthday present and I feel awfull as I put them onto the site.

Now this is where it get's really funny, I found the private reg that I want on the same site, it will cost me £297.35 from private reg transfers, on a cert but from DVLA direct it will cost me £245 on a cert, I know where I will be going as I know DVLA have the right to sell and I have sorted a couple for my mum, who will prob buy one when they get back from holiday.

Are their any other avenues she should explore to hit these guys???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My dad, yesterday went into their local HSBC which is in a local shopping centre and was open, to see if he could do anything. So he explained what had gone on and that not only 1 but 2 plates for sale on this site, which were advertised by them as for sale, were not. So the woman was very helpfull and has been in touch with HSBC visa and started either a claw back from Reg Transfers or HSBC will refund the amount back to my parents account and then HSBC visa, will go after Reg Transfers. I have now found my mum another plate, which is from a legit site and only this place can really have the right to sell them as it's DVLA's own website. So she will look at once they get back from holiday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]