TK Maxx refuse to accept shoe return...

kether
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any information on procedure or precedent in respect of my problem with TK Maxx.

I bought a pair of size 8 smart shoes from TK Maxx in Glasgow which at the time of trying them on felt comfortable.

After a short amount of use, I started getting discomfort in both heels but continued to wear them for a week to break them in. After a week, I decided to go to the doctors as my right heel was so swollen that I couldn't walk in the shoes and even my running shoes were causing discomfort. The doctor recommended ibuprofen as an anti-inflammatory and pain reliever.

I have since tried to return the shoes to my local TK Maxx store who refused to accept them as there is no physical defect with them. They were also very aggressive and patronising to me, continually talking over me and not listening to my complaint. A similar tack was taken by their customer services helpline who said there was nothing they could do and told me speak to consumer advice.

Apart from being paying £40 for a pair of shoes that crippled me within a week, I am incredibly frustrated with TK Maxx's attitude and would like to know what I need to do to reclaim my £40 for the shoes and if there is any possibility of recourse for the injury. My heel is still swollen and in pain nearly a month after buying the shoes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kether

im not sure that you will be able to reclaim anything, you tried the shoe on in the shop and they were ok, there is not 'fault' with the shoes they were fit for purpose and you carried on wearing them for a week!

you could put a complaint in writting to head office and see if you get ny joy.

But that injury was because of the wrong size and not because they were faulty.

I've been a size 8 for 12 years, how can they be the wrong size?

It's the design of the heel caused it.

Who made the shoes? Would it be possible/worth trying them and seeing if they've sold them off to TK Maxx because they had a lot of returns for the same reason?

I ask because I bought a pair of shoes from Next years ago and when I tried them on they were fine. However once I'd walked in them my heel was really painful. This was because instead of just sticking the label where your heel went they'd actually cut out a small square to stick the label into. So when you walked on it for any length of time it hurt. When I took the shoes back Next staff told me they were aware of the problem and had stopped selling them and gave me a refund no problem.

If its a problem similar to that then the manufacturers/usual sellers of them will be aware.

i hope you do get a refund but from the point of view of the shop, stilletos and platform shoes can be painfull but you bought the shoes, and was happy in the shop. no actual fault except they hurt. i dont know for sure but if it were me i would think you bought them for a special occasion , wore them then want your money back..... please dont think thats what im saying you did its just what the shop may think.

• 2 months later...

I work at tk maxx and the refund policy for shoes is that they will happily refund shoes PROVIDING THEY ARE UNWORN! it is not their fault if the design isn't suitable, our store purchases other designer companies stock which is past season, so if you want to complain to about the design of the shoe complain to the designer!