o2 Problems!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have two Iphones on a business account with 1200 minutes and 500 texts, when signing up it was 1000 and 200 and the additional were an added bonus for buying in store.

I have since closed my business due to recession and am struggling to make payments at end of every month, I was concerned as my bills seemed high.

First question - I am halfway through a 24 month contract, in my 14th month. Is there anyway of getting out of the contract due to financial difficulties, I have enquired about early redemption figure which is no different to paying line rental for next 8 10 months and of no benefit to me.

Since day one I have had problems with billing. I was charged for data when data is inclusive with iphone line rental. More recently I noticed I wasnt getting my allocation of texts and minutes. This resulted in a credit of £90. I am far from happy with the service from o2, was a member for many years and moved due to problems and am only back for Iphone.

Second Question - I have a very good number which is easy to remember and cost money about 10 years ago, anyway of holding on to this. Can this be transferred mid contract to pay as you go and new number allocated for iphone?

Thanks for your help

Paul

IF your business was having phone services provided as part of its commercial activities, and was a seperate legal entity (Ltd compant, Partnership) this arrangement ends when the company ceased to exist. You advise the supplier of the insolvenct and they join all the other creditors.

If the contract was taken out by an individual on behalf of a company that was not one of the aforementioned classificatins, then as the consumer you are fully committed on a personal basis and the contract will continue unless you become bankrupt.

If you have a number you wish to retain, it can be useful to contact the network explaining you would like a renumber (which may be charged for), and ask for the riginal number to be transferred to a PAYG SIM, this will at least protect it from being lost. - which would certainly happen if there was a default on the account. If they ask why, you could always say you're being bothered with spurious calls and you want to retire the number for a short time until the problem goes away. DO REMEMBER, you will have to top up every 6 months to stop the number being lost.

Edited by buzby

Thank you for your response,

Phones are in my own name and not companies.

I will contact regarding the number transfer to a pay as you go number.

Thanks for your help