shoe tailor/reliable collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided that I am going to let the FOS I have copies of everything and let them sort it out. I have been meaning to claim this money back for such a long time that a few more months will be niether here or there. I will then report them to the FSA

• 2 weeks later...

well today I got a cheque back from JD Williams for £60.I also got three letters from the FOS aknowledging my claims. The only trouble is they have reference numbers on them that bear no relation to anything so I dont know which one is for JD Williams or should I say my shoe Tailor account! lol

I shall have to try and sort out which one has been paid and cancel my claim with the FOS for this one.

well I am not so happy now, I have discovered my cheque was from the shoe tailor account but as I had another claim for £60 with another catologue I had them mixed up. They charged me £99.99 just to set up collections. I am returning their cheque today and informing them I have made a complaint with the FOS and I want the full amount of over £200 returning, I believe they send out cheques thinking people willl just accept them

Edited by hilaryfrances

I have written and returned their cheque. They state that they do not think that the FOS will be able to deal with my complaint as they can only deal with matters arising from April 2007. In my letter I have stated that if this is the case then I shall take my complaint to the FSA.

I will not be bullied by them as I am, thankfully, solvent these days and do not need to bank their cheque.

Good for you. Keep at them. They wouldn't even have sent you £60 if they weren't in the wrong.

I was going to send my PPI stuff to FOS and that was from 2004. I'm sure other people have. Maybe catalogues are different. We'll no doubt find out!

Jan

I have had a claim for PPI from before that which was sorted out by the FOS, I have not got my money as yet but my claim was succesful so go for it Jan.

I must say I did enjoy sending them back the cheque with a snotty letter telling them to stick it where the sun does not shine! In a polite manner of course and that I will not settle for anything less than a full settlement. watch this space

don't blame you.

I got my PPI without FOS. Was just filling the FOS form in cos they were 3 weeks late and the letter arrived. Just checking a couple of things before I sign their acceptance form now.

Barclaycard PPI next .... that won't be easy from reading other threads!

oh, and I said I'd sort my brother's bank charges out as well.

That lot should keep me out of mischief for a while (except for next Friday of course!)

• 2 weeks later...

had a letter yesterday from the FOS with a form for me to fill in, this is quicker than I expected. This is for the Marshall Ward Claim for £60. I have to wait 8 weeks for them to deal with Great Universal as they have not bothered to answer my letter, unless they write in the meantime, the lady from FOS has written to them again on my behalf. I am impressed by the speed they are dealing with my rrequests. I have not heard anything about shoe tailor which is the largest amount. I have sent them a copy of the letter I sent to them when I sent their cheque back so we will have to wait and see.

got a letter from Great Universal saying that they were "investigating" my claim, this is their responce to the letter they got from the FOS on my behalf so things are happening there now as they ignored my letter. I also got a form to fill in from the FOS service with regard to Shoe Tailor, they had also married the lette up with my paperwork re the returned cheque. Got yet another statement from Shoe Tailor showing a credit balance so they mus have re-opened my account.It would be much easier if they just returned my money instead of faffing around