Barclay Card Default

passwordlocked
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Barclaycard put a default on my Credit file for £51.71...

I had received a letter dated 8th of July..just stating that I was behind on payements and need to pay a minimum of £10.... I then got a call from barclays saying I need to pay £10 ...I say I would pay it asap....within 14 days of that letter I had phoned up and paid the full amount, before I paid, I asked the advisor, is this going to have an effect on my credit history...he said you have paid it off in full, it will have no effect.

This default has really depressed me...because of the paltry amount and I have taken years to save up for a house deposit and was about to purchase my first home.

I have looked on this website on how to try to remove the default...with a series of letters stating that I did not recieve a default notice (I did not verbally or written)...also the Obudsman way.

I have called up The Financial Obudsman stating that there was no Default Notice given to me....they said they would write to Barclaycard

The only letter that was sent to me was a payement late letter requesting Minimum payement of £10.

Please could you advise me if there is a way around this.

Edited by passwordlocked

Hi PWL,

Have you checked your credit file since you paid the arrears to see that it's showing as settled.

Have you had a read here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi PWL,

Have you checked your credit file since you paid the arrears to see that it's showing as settled.

I'm sure it will read settled....but thats no good...

I paid up full on the 24th of July....the letter requesting the £10 payement was dated 8th July....I want to know where this default came from....I know I had a few late payements...but paid off all late fees.

Well, now that you've involved the FOS, see how they respond. It will likely take a while as they allow BC up to 8 weeks to reply to them.

In the meantime, read the Stickies in the Default Issues forum and see if there's anything there to assist you.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)