Fraud via PayPal

beachcomber60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I received an email alert from Paypal advising me that a 'third party' had tried to access my account and transfer $968, and that Paypal stopped the transaction and placed restrictions on the account, reset password, confirmed telephone number etc.

Checked my Paypal account and indeed money transfer was showing as 'refused' 'cancelled'.

Thought no more about it until I went to the bank yesterday to get some money out only to find that three days ago £612.12 had been transferred out of my bank by DD into Paypal and onto an Ebayer.

Paypal account still showing transaction refused cancelled, to the banks credit, although I have had major issues with them over the past 9 months the BM couldn't have been more helpful. Money being refunded into my account under the DD gaurantee, Paypal DD cancelled and a small seperate account opened to put money into for internet transactions whereby I only transfer money into for anything bought on line.

PayPal on the other hand are as much use as achocolate fire guard, impossible to contact, tried phoning but only got an automated message confirming my account balance, tried the 'live' on line help desk and first thing that greeted me was - this is an automated service I am not a real person. GRrrrrrrrr - no more ebay for me!

Incidently ebayer concerned is based in Canada called k.a.t.e.j.a.c.k looked at his/her profile and has got a terrible feedback for taking money and not sending goods, how he/she got money out of my account really has me puzzled, although my BM said its a very common problem now.

Hi Beachcomber

I've has simular problems with Paypal/ebay someone got into my account and tried to sell a motorbike from America.

It's not that but they took the fees out of my account, did have a job getting my money back.

Then i had a problem with in canada, they stated they never received goods, but i could show proof they received them.

But Paypal still refunded them there money, Paypal is a rip off and as you said very hard to get intouch with if anything goes wrong.

Gaz

Then i had a problem with in canada, they stated they never received goods, but i could show proof they received them.

But Paypal still refunded them there money, Paypal is a rip off and as you said very hard to get intouch with if anything goes wrong.

Out of interest, what level of proof did you have that the buyer in Canada did receive the goods?

''Paypal stopped the transaction and placed restrictions on the account, reset password, confirmed telephone number etc. ''

Alarm bells should have been ringing by this statement alone-a very obvious spoof email.

Continual emails to paypal will eventually get you a ''human'' response.

Never leave any money in your paypal account for a minute longer than you need to-always withdraw it as soon as is possible.

''Paypal stopped the transaction and placed restrictions on the account, reset password, confirmed telephone number etc. ''

Alarm bells should have been ringing by this statement alone-a very obvious spoof email.

Continual emails to paypal will eventually get you a ''human'' response.

Never leave any money in your paypal account for a minute longer than you need to-always withdraw it as soon as is possible.

It was not a spoof email(s), I received an email notification from Paypal after THEY Stopped & Refused the transaction the account shows 'refused' that was the 12th, I never leave money in paypal account - when I do anything via ebay paypal automatically take it from my bank account and into paypal then onto whoever I have bought stuff from.

On the 17th although paypal stopped the transaction the money was transferred out of my normal account.

So paypal failed in their own statement that they take securitu very seriously, bank refunded money back to my account and are dealing with paypal on my behalf.

Hi beachcomber--you stated that paypal reset your password--surely only you can reset your password?

Sorry,misunderstood how the money was in your account--at least the bank's seem efficient in dealing with these sort of cases.

Hi beachcomber--you stated that paypal reset your password--surely only you can reset your password?

Sorry,misunderstood how the money was in your account--at least the bank's seem efficient in dealing with these sort of cases.

No, Paypal told me that I had to reset my password and I am waiting for a letter from paypal to confirm my telephone number - tried via the internet but True Call blocked their number, this was after the event.

Still have restrictions in place until their letter arrives.