halifax charges hardship case!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi. does anyone know what i should do from here?

i put in a claim for bank charges refund under the financial hardship rules with the halifax. they agreed that im in financial hardship and said that they still want to wait until after the test case, but that they would refer me to their money management team, which they did. i spoke to money management on the phone and said that how can they help when i dont have any money to shuffle around as im trying to pay priority debts and cant always pay them.

i then complained to the fos who asked the halifax for a final response.

i phoned halifax to chase them up about the final response, and they told me that their letter(as mentioned above) about money management team is their final response but they will send another letter and they said that i had told the money management team that i was not interested, so i explained to them what i have said above. they then said that their final response is likely to be the same and that if i want to, i can complain to the fos.

has anyone else had a similar response from the halifax?

does anyone have any advice as to what to do now?

regards, lawrence.

• 2 weeks later...

Lawfrodo, cannot remember what I advised on MSE but I think you need a final response ie that you are in hardship or are not in hardship and then we will work on a response to the FOS. Simply going to the FOS with they said no is not really gonna do much.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf