Clamped in my own parking space!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The PO Box address isn't 'protected' as such, it's just an address on a street that doesn't seem to exist. It's registered to 20 Llanover St, which only has 15 properties on it.

Does anyone know what section of the PSI Act makes clamping without the landowner's consent a criminal activity?

that's why they didn't 'protect' it then. A non existent address. How can the P.O. have allowed this - they do know all the addresses in the UK. report it to the P.O. and ask that the PO box is withdrawn until backed by a real address. may be worth looking at the P.O box rules on RM's website. It reads to me that it has to be linked to a real address http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content3;jsessionid=WXECNQQJSCP0CFB2IGFEQEQUHRAYUQ2K?mediaId=52100708&catId=600006

The PO Box address isn't 'protected' as such, it's just an address on a street that doesn't seem to exist. It's registered to 20 Llanover St, which only has 15 properties on it.

Does anyone know what section of the PSI Act makes clamping without the landowner's consent a criminal activity?

To make a false representation to deprive another of money, goods, property is an offence under the 2006 Fraud Act

Have you tried Google maps/

• 2 weeks later...

I can add to this thread a similar experience which is still unresolved. I live in a block of flats which has a barrier protected car park. The management company informed us by letter that they were inviting in an outside parking management company called PCM (Parking Control Management) who operate from offices in Slough. No resident asked for this to my knowledge and several of us were not happy with this development. I, and other residents, rang the management group to voice my misgivings. They claimed that some parking spaces were being parked in by the wrong people, although I and others had not heard of this happening and it's a small carpark (some 30 spaces) and has a barrier control. PCM put up their warnings anyway and all residents received a red parking permit to put in their windscreens. This we duly did. A week before the system was due to start, PCM sent a letter saying there had been an error and the red permits were now invalid, and should be replaced with blue ones enclosed. I believe these letters arrived on the Tuesday before the Friday when the system was to go live. I don't know for sure because I was away from home most of that week. The Monday was a bank holiday and there was no postal delivery.

At 5.30a.m. on the day the parking Management system was to start, there was a sting operation and 7 cars were clamped even though they were all parked in their correct parking spaces. For one reason or another - away from home, hadn't opened mail yet etc - all victims had not replaced the red permit with the blue one (which had been delivered perhaps 60 hours before). Among the people who were held up for 2 hours that morning was a paramedic whose team had to work understrength thanks to these jokers.

Everyone was told about PCMs appeal system and assured they would have a fair hearing and probably a refund.

Unsurprisingly no appeal was successful and we are still wondering the best way forward to get our £130 back (£910 in total). I see the fault lying squarely with the management group who brought PCM in, but they haven't replied to any communication except repeat the mantra that it's nothing top do with them and solely an issue beween the sting victims and PCM.

Any advice anyone?

You need to find out who owns the land. Either find out from the management co., or you can look on the Land Registry website (small fee). You may find it is the management company themselves. Then send a Letter Before Action to them, giving them 21 days to refund the money or you will issue a County Court claim. The landowner is jointly liable for the actions of the clampers. You may find, like in my situation, the landowners light a rocket under the management co., and get them to pay up!

Agree with the above. Check your lease/rental/title deeds for any t&c's about parking.

Also have a read through the clamping guide in the stickies. Have a look at the appendix which looks at the issue of residential parking and clamping.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think this could be done as a class action to add more weight to it lamma?

no such thing - stop watching American TV programs. But you could try to join them to save the court's time as case will be identical :)

no such thing - stop watching American TV programs. But you could try to join them to save the court's time as case will be identical :)

Class actions are now possible in this country.

SAFE have won the right to bring a class action against the banks don't advise it though.... just for info http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1243719/Cash-threat-bank-protest-group-SAFE.html

In this matter & as has already been suggested I would send both the parking cowboys AND the management company LBA's with the threat that unless they refund any payments you may have made PLUS your costs you will issue proceedings in the civil courts as well as reporting them & their agents to the police for deception/fraud

Edited by JonCris

• 2 years later...

thread closed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There's no law against anyone buying a clamp and just going around clamping anyone anywhere, no one gives a damn that they don't have badges or licenses or whatever, definately not the lawmakers or the lawkeepers.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks