Council & HA really making life difficult.

gyzmo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

More incompetence from my HA and council.

My flatmate' claim for 2nd person discount was initially rejected because one box was accidentally ticked, even though the rest of the information shows it was a mistake.

So we had to fill in another form, along with supplying loads of documents. The info was taken into the HA's office as suggested, but did not seem to reach the council by the deadline, as I got a letter stating as much and that the whole process would have to be started again.

After spending an hour on the phone, the forms were located and accepted as being handed in on time (2 weeks early in fact).

Now they have wrote again to say that they need proof of ID before they can consider the claim:-x:-x

On top of all of that, because I keep receiving council tax bills for different amounts, I have no idea what should be paid, and have now received a final demand for nearly £200. Don't have the money to pay that, but if they got the 2nd discount sorted out then the backdated part of it would probably cover the amount outstanding (it's backdated because we claimed initially for the "wrong" discount - there are apparently three different discounts for the same amount where the effect is the same).

The sheer incompetence is staggering.:-x