Maplin Electronics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all i just bought an item from maplins in glasgow gwr branch . its a poloriod pogo bluetooth printer which clearly says bluetooth

so home i go wraps it up for xmas and next day the wife says ah nice item how do i work it and i say bluetooth ..but guess what of

all the useless phones in the land me and the wife own them (IPHONE) . i went back to maplin only to be told i should have asked or

checked compatibility and because id opened it nothing they can do .. no refund no credit note. i contacted head office only to be told

the same thing . so my advice to people who want to use maplin (DON,T)

Or you could always check that the item is compatible before you buy.

The returns policy is very clear in this respect.

so sorry for not being clear here mightymouse if i new there was a compatability problem i would have asked

in the same shop i was going to buy a reverse car camera only to be told check compatability so why was i not asked about bluetooth or even could be a problem

Hi jimmy.riddle. Have you tried talking to trading standards? they should be able to tell you about your rights (if any) in this situation. Also if you bought the item by credit card, it may be worth talking to the credit card company. These were the avenues that I used to get Maplins to deal with an item I bought which was faulty. Good luck.

hi all i just bought an item from maplins in glasgow gwr branch . its a poloriod pogo bluetooth printer which clearly says bluetooth

so home i go wraps it up for xmas and next day the wife says ah nice item how do i work it and i say bluetooth ..but guess what of

all the useless phones in the land me and the wife own them (IPHONE) . i went back to maplin only to be told i should have asked or

checked compatibility and because id opened it nothing they can do .. no refund no credit note. i contacted head office only to be told

the same thing . so my advice to people who want to use maplin (DON,T)

I have happily used Maplins for many years, only for 'small stuff', but always been happy with their service. My last purchase was a mobile phone. I had been almost kidnapped by a salesman from another high street mobile phone company, who showed me all sorts of cameras that you can also text 21 people that you know for nothing, and so on. I explained that what I wanted was a phone. I was then treated with the sort of contempt that irritates the hell out of me, and wandered aimlessly into Dixons. Very polite chap, understood exactly what I wanted, told me the two types of phone that would suit me, regretted that they do not carry them in stock, but could get either within a 'couple of days'. Then he said 'Try Maplins.' I did, they not only served me courteously, but had what I wanted in stock.

My advice to people wanting to use any shop is 'caveat emptor'.

Maplins are great, until you have a problem with a faulty item.

Then you might as well chuck the item in the bin, lot less hassle from my experience.

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website