worried re: this letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am upset re the last post,

Sometimes you cant help not paying these charges for various reasons and it is a case of feed the kids or pay the council to say that these should be paid regardless is in my opinion wrong.

People do not get themselves in this position on purpose ,

What has happened to this thread? It started out as a place to go when you were in difficulties and a helpfull and caring attitude.

I find the whole thread has turned into an ego trip and although I welcome the effort most people put on here in my mind the whole atmosphere on here has changes (for the worse).

WHAT HAS GONE WRONG

Guest Lueeze

I must say, I had arrears on my council tax and it was awful.

The council sent a bailiff and I was not in, the next time they came they asked for everything back and went round writing a list of our possesions, until we finish paying it off plus the fee's we HAVE to make payments of £81 PM or they will just take ALL our stuff...

Once we were 1 day late in making the payment and they turned up, I had to beg the council to stop it, as I have a mental illness and they have a duty of care, but any normal customer would have had it all taken.

I am not kidding get it paid ASAP or you could even end up in jail.

Council tax is unaviodable, even though I dont agree with it, £2500 is a huge amount and that would be the equivalent of 3 years worth of non payment for my house.

I dont mean to give you a lecture but I learnt the HARD way, ALWAYS pay your Council Tax regardless.

You cant be sent to prison for non payment of council tax

Only if you refuse to pay unable to pay is a different matter to refusal.

Prison is for people who for whatever reason refuse to pay If you pay at a rate you can afford you will NOT be sent to prison

I strongly recomend as a site helper you read up on the baillif and sherriff forum, you obviously do not understand the issues here. Sorry if I sound blunt but learn your faqs before posting, As a site helper you are supposed to help people.

I strongly recomend as a site helper you read up on the baillif and sherriff forum, you obviously do not understand the issues here. Sorry if I sound blunt but learn your faqs before posting, As a site helper you are supposed to help people.
  • All people on the site and in the forum are volunteers.
  • All these people give help, advice and support free of charge, and in their own time.
  • No-one at all is paid for their time, and there is no obligation to offer any help at all.

Please do not try and tell a volunteer site helper what they should or shouldn't do .All advice given on this forum is informal no one is an expert .If you do not agree with someones informal opinion you are quite welcome to post your own informal advice and then it is up to the OP whos advice they take .

Please read the signature of the moderators / site helpers

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I find the whole thread has turned into an ego trip and although I welcome the effort most people put on here in my mind the whole atmosphere on here has changes (for the worse).

WHAT HAS GONE WRONG

Nothing has gone wrong, please calm down.

Karnevil is here out of the goodness of her heart.

Any atmosphere there is can I suggest is from your rather agressive posts.

I understand you are angry, but please don't take it out on karnevil.

pc, the only thing wrong with your post was that it would have been better had it been two separate posts.

I am upset re the last post,

Sometimes you cant help not paying these charges for various reasons and it is a case of feed the kids or pay the council to say that these should be paid regardless is in my opinion wrong.

People do not get themselves in this position on purpose

Nothing wrong with that. You made a valid point. The problem is that it was followed by this

What has happened to this thread? It started out as a place to go when you were in difficulties and a helpfull and caring attitude.

WHAT HAS GONE WRONG

Quite a different matter and a question I have been asking myself for a few days now. I know the answer and I think you do and I'll be very surprised if there are not others who are equally concerned by the situation.

However, putting the two parts together in one post made it appear aggressive. This is not a criticism, merely an observation.

But Karnevil was merely stating her opinion and did not deserve to be jumped on. I don't think you meant that, did you?

Elsinore

Guest Zooman

I have removed the off topic posts in this thread, it was unfair to the original poster who came here for advise. Unless it is on toipc please do not post in this thread.