Blackhorse, Perrys and GAP Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi James

You Have Been Ripped Off On The 3 Month Warrinty

The Dealer Must Supply That

Its The Law

That On Its Own Brings The Whole Agreement Into Question

Before You Do Anything Else, Contact Perrys And Question This

Why Were You Sold A Warrinty For Which You Are Paying Interest When The Warrinty Is Void As Perrys Do The Warrinty Uner The Sale Of Goods Act

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest janensteve

have you compared the terms of the 3 months warranty that was offered by perrys to the alleged three month warranty that caggers are suggesting is reuired under sales of goods act legislation ?

Guest janensteve

the FSA is interested in probity, remember Alliance & leicester got a record fine for misselling PPI, but it was drop in the ocean to their turnover even though their misseling was from top down ? i can honestly say the fsa is a bit of a lapdog and goes after easy targets.

but as i say, you complain to the FOS about the sale and to the FSA about the fit and properness of perrys

Ok i will start a complaint to Perry's now and let you know how things go.

Thanks for all the advice its been a massive help.

:)

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

Hi

Have issued full complaint to Perry's will let you know when i receive a reply and what garbage they are saying. :)

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Hi

I received a reply from Perrys today informing me they had passed it onto their legal department. Probably standard in cases like this but if all the paperwork was in order and everything legit dont see why they would have to.

Wait to see what they come back with.

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

• 3 months later...

Hi I could do with some advice if possible. My son's car was stolen and on the 3rd November we contacted Mapfre relating to Gap Insurance. They sent us a letter stating that they wanted the following items:

Gap Declaration, Motor Insurance Cert, Motor Insurance Schedule, Motor Insurance Total Loss offer letter and Original purchase invoice. This had to be with them within 30 days. However, my son was hospitalised and we asked for an extension. Note we have had numerous letter each requesting the same details/ docs. A letter arrived on the 30th November from MA and they told us we had 10 days from the date of the letter to provide the information. We sent this off on the 7th December 3 days prior to the end date. On the 8th December we recieved a letter telling us that they had closed the claim as we had not responded in the time limit, but if we had until the 10th how do they close it 3 days early? On the 9th, after recieving the docs we go another letter which stated that we had not sent the correct docs and on this letter additional paperwork was requested, Motor Insurance claim form, policy wording and policy booklet and the final settlement letter. Due to us not sending these again the letter said we had failed to send in the correct documentation, but they were never asked for in any of the previous letters so how were we supposed to know this. What can we do, this seems really unfair?

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have the same prolem. Sold gap on five year finance. Total cost over 5 years has been about £600 which I know see is vastly overpriced. I needed the car badly to start a new job so did not challenge at the time. They tried to sell me PPI which I had heard about and refused, they came back with GAP. I signed to get out of the showroom with the much needed(At that time) car.

The dealer went under two years ago (Leaders of Liverpool). Not sure who if anyone took them over. Policy with Black Horse. Finance with Fiat finance Leeds.

Any ideas on what I can do?, thanks, Tom.