Welcome Finance...........HELP!

montrose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So We Have A £7695 Over 48 Months At 19.85

That Gives A Monthly Payment Of £227.02

Interest £3202.17

Total Repayment £10897.17

No Acceptance Fee Or Insurance Only £1 To Add Option Fee So Grand Total

£10898.17

Devide By 48 Months Gives A Monthly Repayment Of £227.04

Agreement Checks Out

Hi again, Was wondering if anyone can tell me what would happen if i gave Welcome the car back. It says on my agreement that i would have to of paid back £3798.71. I have paid back £3859.00.

They really aren't interested reducing my payments and i really just want to sort this out as it is making me sick with worry!

If you have paid the required amount, then terminate the agreement and let them have the car back. You are fully within your rights to do this, and there is NOTHING they can do about it. Just make absolutely sure that you've paid your 50%.... and that you can do without the car!

;)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have been paying £150.00 every month, have written 3 letters to Welcome all sent by recorded delivery and haven't received one answer.

Today I recieved a letter saying my agreement has now been cancelled and unless i contact the office I have 7 days to pay the balance of my account.

I can't afford to pay the balance and really don't want to phone the office.

I also need the car for work and can't afford to give this one back and buy another one.

It states in the letter that an application could be made to the court. Should I just carry on paying the £150.00 a month and wait and see if they take it to court or what?

Can anyone help?

I have been paying £150.00 every month, have written 3 letters to Welcome all sent by recorded delivery and haven't received one answer.

Today I recieved a letter saying my agreement has now been cancelled and unless i contact the office I have 7 days to pay the balance of my account.

I can't afford to pay the balance and really don't want to phone the office.

I also need the car for work and can't afford to give this one back and buy another one.

It states in the letter that an application could be made to the court. Should I just carry on paying the £150.00 a month and wait and see if they take it to court or what?

Can anyone help?

have you received a default notice?

have you written to the local office or nottingham?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

do you have signatures from royal mail website to prove they were delivered? not that im doubting they were just to cover you :)

I would be writing a VERY strongly worded letter to the effect that you are trying to make arrangements regarding the account and being totally ignored and in doing so they are creating an unfair relationship with regards to the agreement and should you not receive a response you will be contacting the relevant organisations to make formal complaint as to their conduct!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 4 months later...

Hi back again. Have written to Welcome 5 times now all sent by recorded delivery to ask if i can reduce my monthly payments to £150.00 and i have checked on Royal Mail website, so i know they have received them. They have not replied to one letter.

Today when i got home from work there was a hand delivered letter from Welcome asking me to phone them urgently about arrears on my account.

I really don't want to phone them. Can anyone advise me what to do next?.

Hi back again. Have written to Welcome 5 times now all sent by recorded delivery to ask if i can reduce my monthly payments to £150.00 and i have checked on Royal Mail website, so i know they have received them. They have not replied to one letter.

Today when i got home from work there was a hand delivered letter from Welcome asking me to phone them urgently about arrears on my account.

I really don't want to phone them. Can anyone advise me what to do next?.

First things first - here are the links to a couple of letters. The first is to stop them telephoning you and the second is to stop them visiting your home. Send them both by recorded delivery (in same envelope is ok) to an address i am going to give you - also send them via email to info@cattles.co.uk

Adapt it to your own needs - Telephone letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Again adapt this one to your needs - also print off a couple of these and keep them handy - if they come to your home just hand them the doorstep letter and do not speak to them - if they refuse to go away call the police.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members.

You say you have sent them letters - have you sent them to their head office or your local branch?

Address to send the letters too - you can also send copies to your local branch - but DO NOT deal with your local branch - they are only interested in their targets.

Head Office Address is

Compliance Services

Welcome Finance

Mere Way

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Thank you for your help. I have sent the previous letters to Head Office as my local branch had closed down. the letter yesterday has come from another branch.

I will do as you suggested and see what happens.

Thank you for your help. I have sent the previous letters to Head Office as my local branch had closed down. the letter yesterday has come from another branch.

I will do as you suggested and see what happens.

If they are ignoring your letters - and as such your legal right to terminate - complain about them to the office of fair trading and trading statndards too.

here is a sample letter for ending the agreement - if you have not already sent one.

If you have sent one then the agreement has ended. If you have evidence you have sent them, and retained copies there is nothing they can do as long as you have paid half.

Have you been arrears with them?

Have you any insurances on the agreement? They may still try and chase you for these - but you may be able to claim these back.

You may even be able to take them to court under the law of Tort (civil wrong i believe) if they fail to collect the car - and begin to charge them for storage if it is on private land. Then once they have racked up a bill keep the car as payment.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much - had the pleasure of Welcome turning up on my doorstep unannounced last Wednesday from a local branch. Having been in hospital over Christmas - it certainly was an "unwelcome" vist! The guy was very shirty with me saying that I had missed payments, when I certainly have not. He also was quoting different laws to me which was a big mistake given that I am a HR Advisor and know A LOT of the laws back to front! He then told me that he was recording the whole conversation, which he legally could not do without my permission...which I did not give!

Just don't want this shower turning up at my front door again. Ideally going to give the car back this month now that I have paid 75% of the finance off, just so I can get this awful company out of my life.