wrong town on parking ticket can i fight it??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Son got a parking ticket for half parking on double yellows [yes i know but its hard to find anywhere around here to park]. angry-smiley-030.gif

Anyway the ticket was for a**** street, pembroke however there is no a**** st in pembroke it is pembroke dock and that is where the ticket was issued.[only it says pembroke on ticket which is a another town 3 miles away]

also she only waited 4 mins before issue thought i she had to wait 10mins but i may be wrong.

Therefore the ticket is incorrect how do you go about fighting it for beinging wrongly written out???

Thanks in advance...

user_offline.gifreport.gif

As Al27 says, but I would change the "incorrect location" bit just to read something more generic like "I was not parked at location", and make sure you go no further than that (i.e. don't give them a "didn't occur because...." statement). Save your more detailed reasoning for later if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

If the details on the PCN are not correct, ie street you can appeal on grounds that the contravention did not occur, based on advice and reading of this site. You need to state the contravention did not occur in what ever street, as you were not parked in that street on the day in question. It would also help if you could point out that the photo you may have been sent / seen was not taken on the street they say the contravention occured on.

I recently appealed a ticket in Lambeth with had incorrect street on and finally won, even though I was parked to adjecent to a footway and they had pictures, becuase the photo was not of the street they gave m ethe ticket for. So if info is incorrect appeal, appeal, appeal!!

The council will not accept your fist appeal and you may have to take it to the parking adjudicator, but they will back down before the hearing.

Good Luck