Nicky vs Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, am new to this forum. I have an appointment with my bank tomorrow and am l little nervous so thought a bit of advice from some regulars might help!

Basically my case goes like this.... I have a joint account with my ex husband which i don't use however he set up a direct debit for it. I recieved a letter on 14th July to say it had exceeded the £100 overdraft by £29 (first time in a few years) and i was being charged £8.00 a day. I was off work sick on the 14th so couldn't go out to the bank but as i was concerned about it i transfered £50 into the account online.The £50 went out of my halifax account on the 14th but didn't register on the yb account until the 19th. I received another letter 7 days later stating the account was over its overdraft limit and more £8.00 a day charges were being added. Anyway in total the charges have added upto £113 which as a single parent is a lot of money.

Where do you think i stand with this? I thought i would go to see them to explain that i think the charges are excessive and ask if there is anything they can do. Does anyone have any idea what the response will be??

I have printed the preliminary letter to take with me, should i discuss it with them and if they won't do anything leave it with them?? What are my chances of getting it paid back??

would be really grateful for any advice!

Nicky

Hi, am new to this forum. I have an appointment with my bank tomorrow and am l little nervous so thought a bit of advice from some regulars might help!

Basically my case goes like this.... I have a joint account with my ex husband which i don't use however he set up a direct debit for it. I recieved a letter on 14th July to say it had exceeded the £100 overdraft by £29 (first time in a few years) and i was being charged £8.00 a day. I was off work sick on the 14th so couldn't go out to the bank but as i was concerned about it i transfered £50 into the account online.The £50 went out of my halifax account on the 14th but didn't register on the yb account until the 19th. I received another letter 7 days later stating the account was over its overdraft limit and more £8.00 a day charges were being added. Anyway in total the charges have added upto £113 which as a single parent is a lot of money.

Where do you think i stand with this? I thought i would go to see them to explain that i think the charges are excessive and ask if there is anything they can do. Does anyone have any idea what the response will be??

I have printed the preliminary letter to take with me, should i discuss it with them and if they won't do anything leave it with them?? What are my chances of getting it paid back??

would be really grateful for any advice!

Nicky

Good luck nicky.I am in the same position as you.Iam just waiting to get my bank statements going back 6yrs.From christmas last year to now they owe me £500 and more from previose yrs.Do let me know what they say so i can be prepared for it good luck keep me informed. maggie

well that was a waste of time, he basically tried to say that i had agreed t&c's when we opened the account and there is nothing i can do. I went on to tell him that i know i can go back six years and try to claim all charges back and that i fully intend to try. At which point he agreed that i was well within my rights to do so. Asked him if he thought the fees were proportionate to the amount owed he said he couldn't comment but looking at it if i put my case in writing its likely that i would be offered either some of the charges refunded, but unlikely to get it all back.

Have handed him the letter, now just wait to get the same reply that everyone else seems to be getting!

Nicky

Hi Nicky :) I`ve have read a thread where your question has been mentioned. It seems if the account is in joint names, its advised to make your claim in joint names. If you search in this YB for TrundleCats thread, you should find the answer to your question

YB Data Protection Act letter sent recorded post 14-7-06

statements recieved 8-08-06

prelim letter sent 9-08-06

LBA letter sent 26-08-06

MCOL filed 18-09-06

AQ Filed 6-11-06

Court date 22-2-07