Court and Defence Form N11M

Stanley12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I understand it, when the Court sends a copy of the Claim Form to the Defendant it should also include a Defence Form (N11M). Is the Court obliged to provide this form and if so where is this obligation set out (e.g. CPR)?

Also, if the Court is obliged to have sent the form but failed to do so, would this be sufficient grounds to have any future judgment set aside?

Any ideas would be welcome

Stan

As I understand it, when the Court sends a copy of the Claim Form to the Defendant it should also include a Defence Form (N11M). Is the Court obliged to provide this form and if so where is this obligation set out (e.g. CPR)?

Also, if the Court is obliged to have sent the form but failed to do so, would this be sufficient grounds to have any future judgment set aside?

Any ideas would be welcome

Stan

I don't know if it's grounds to have it set aside but I do know that in my original claim the defence form was also missing...... as were quite a few others if you read some of the posts on here!

& i don't know why because it's a BIG over-sight in my opinion!!

here's a download link if that helps http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n11m_0406.pdf

what goes around comes around

EVERY cloud does have a silver lining you just have to look really REALLY hard sometimes..

I think the biggest problem you would have is proving you didn't get the N11M with the other court papers.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks for the replies.

I have received a letter from the court admitting that it it does occasionally happen that a form is missing, albeit rarely, and it has apologised. However, although the complaint process states that I am entitled to both an apology and an explanation of how the court intends to put matters right, the court has so far failed to do the latter. It has simply said that if I am unhappy with its answer then I can take the complaint to the next level in the process.

Stan