Training certificates, Can I get Them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've come on here looking for some help (like most people I guess).

I've recently changed jobs and when I handed in my notice I ask for all my Training certificates to be posted to me, my previous employers took over a month to send out some poor quality photocopies of these certificates.

I would like to know if I'm entitled to the originals as they were awarded to me and are also very relevant and needed by me to prove my qualifications in my new job.

I have asked my old employers again for the originals but there reply was that it's not the company policy and they payed for the courses so the certificates are staying with them.

Any points one way or the other would be welcome on this issue.

Guest Old_andrew2018

The Certificates are the property of your ex-employer as they claim, can you not read the photocopies and order replacements.

If you are able to acquire a replacement I don't expect the fee will be too high.

Andy

No, one some of the photocopies the numbers are illegible and on some of the they appear to have only copied have the page. I have already contacted providers for the ones I can read, unfortunately C&G want £35 pound a certificate to replace them.

I teach City and Guilds courses and certificates normally only cost £6!! Perhaps then ask you ex-employer if they could provide better copies or even ask if you could buy your certificates of them for a small fee??

Replacement certificates

Due to system failures Archive Services are currently working at a turn around rate of 5 weeks. Please be patient with any requests you have sent in within the last month, they will be processed as soon as possible.

After a replacement certificate? You can now submit your request and pay on-line! Here’s what you do, simply fill out our on-line replacement certificate application form, complete it, pay on-line using World Pay, and we’ll try and find a copy of your certificate and issue a replacement. Please note that each payment is for one certificate search only and is non-refundable.

On-line application and payment form

MSCD.gif maestro.gifSOLO.gif JCB.gif VISA.gif VIED.gif VISD.gif

poweredByWorldPay.gif

But while we have your attention, it’s worth us giving you some further useful info:

Making a payment

• It costs £34 for a search for a replacement of a City & Guilds certificate and £20 for a search for a replacement of a Single Subject certificate. Note these certificates were historically called Pitman Qualifications before the brand was fully integrated into City & Guilds a few years ago.
  • Payment can be made on-line with the cards listed above.
  • Payments are non-refundable, unless you require a certificate for a period that our records do not cover

Hi

I work in education currently, whilst I'm not sure about the ownership of the certificates if you know who the exam board is and can remember what tests you took they will send replacements which look just the same as the original. It's a shame your old employer won't keep copies and send you the originals as they are absolutely no use to them at all now you have left.

Unfortunately £30 is the average for a replacement certficate from an exam board which is a pretty shocking price for some printer ink, fancy paper and postage costs.

Good luck in your new job.

I love CAG!