Notice Of Assignment Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could someone please clue me in with the full story around invalid (or non-exsistent, in my case) NOA's?

All three of my Capone accounts were passed to DCA's (two were sent the 'bemused letter as you may have seen), and in each case the first I knew about it was when the DCA concerned wrote to me.

Thanks

These weren't passed to Lowell/RED/Hamptons/Bob were they ??

I recieved a letter from RED saying I owed the money to them, a week later I got a letter from Lowell saying they've passed it to RED. I would think they have to tell you, but when who knows !!!

It seems to be quite usual for the DCA to issue a NOA themselves under the guise of the Original Creditor using "template" letterheads, when queried, the Original creditors seem quite happy to allow them to do this. it is the same as when they use a solicitors name and title to add weight to their attempts at enforcement.

Not right

Not morally correct

but up until recently, neither the police, TS or OFT have been interested sine the actions have been with the knowledge and approval of the OC's, however companies house have paid the issue more than a passing interest and (I understand) are considering ation against certain organisations

Yeah, that's pretty bad...

In my case, I never received anything like a template letter, just a 'we have your account now, pay us' sort of letter. I've attached the CapQuest one, the other two were similar (but not as red):

CapQuestFirstLetter.jpg