style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

5 months into the BR.

Despite hearing very little from the OR, I was carrying on, then I got a letter from OR about possible early discharge.

I had to fill out another income and expenses form, but no problem there as my situation is unchanged, figures are the same.

Fingers crossed, that seems promising.

I never did hear if my expenses figures had been allowed or not, but now I am presuming they *are* allowed.

Keep getting letters and phone calls from some creditors, which I had just been ignoring, but BOS visited my old address, so I had to contact them to get it stopped.

They told me they had not been contacted by the OR

I asked them to confirm that in writing, so I could chase the OR.

They refused, saying it was not something they did.

I suspect the reason they don't is because it would commit them to a position of not being informed, which I suspect they are fibbing about!

Then they asked if I had another BOS account when I went bankrupt, and I told them I did.

They said they had been informed about that one, but not the other one, and were not able to cross reference.

I have little doubt that this is cobblers, that they have been writing and ringing knowing full well I was BR - ho hum at least they will stop now.

So back to waiting to see what happens, with a potential early discharge on the cards.

• 3 months later...

Hi folks,

no posts from me for a while, because there was no news!

I filled my early discharge questionnaire in December, but the OR had specifically said not to follow up on progress because he would not answer as he was too busy.

Since Bank of Scotland continued to write to me and call me, I assumed it was them that had refused an early discharge.

Then I got a letter last week from the OR, my early discharge went through on March 11th!

I got a copy of the court order.

Incidentally I also on that day got a letter from Bank of Scotland agents telling they were preparing papers to take court action.

I had ignored all their previous efforts, and while I knew this would be thrown out by the same court that dealt with the BR, it was a load of hassle, so I rang them and told them I had been bankrupt since July.

Lots of silence at the other end - they suggested they got in touch with BOS, and I agreed!

Anyway, the early discharge order says I need to -

1. continue to cooperate with the trustee.

2. continue to cooperate with OR regarding administration of my BR estate.

I'm not sure what those mean - any advice?

Also, I think I am now eligible to stand in the election.

I am disqualified if I am subject to bankruptcy restriction orders.

Whilst I was BR that disqualified me, but I presume I am now not subject to any bankruptcy restriction orders?

Advice appreciated!

So that was an 8 months banruptcy - stressful on the mind in advance and sometimes during, but it does get rid of a *lot* of stress longterm!